Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 6 (342 Views)

Cloning/ after cloning to new hard drive the recovery partition would not work

Cloning/ after cloning   to new hard drive the recovery partition on new hard drive  would not load everything else works fine

NEW HARD DRIVE IS WD 500

I USED WD SOFTWARE TO CLONE

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 6 (324 Views)

Re: Cloning/ after cloning to new hard drive the recovery partition would not work

Hi
The okr which is installed on the hard drive will work only on the same hdd. Okr of a drive wont work on a different drive.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 6 (316 Views)

Re: Cloning/ after cloning to new hard drive the recovery partition would not work

The size of new and old  hard drive are exactly the same ,even I picked the sector to sector option but still recovery partition has problem to load

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 6 (298 Views)

can i backup and restore with two different backup software (Different software co)

can i backup and restore with two different backup software example like if I use todo easy software to backup the image and restore it using acronis

Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 6 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]

ishaan wrote:
Hi
The okr which is installed on the hard drive will work only on the same hdd. Okr of a drive wont work on a different drive.
Regards

So if you just left the partitions alone and just went long your way, but later down the line something goes wrong and you want to recover (use okr).  Could you just set you facotry standard HDD back to primary, and use the okr?  Or will you have to go about it in the manual way (findind that spefic file in one of the lenovos partitiions)?

(this situation i'm talking having the factory HDD as secodonary and using msata 256GB SSD as primary)

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 6 (296 Views)

I was trying to make clone of hard drive and save it for later if something happens to my original hard drive I would have backup of all the paid software and everything else   , going back to factory default means I lose all my all  paid software ,I was thinking about image backup but I have no luck when I try to restore it ,I think the cloning is the best way to go . do you know we can use one brand software to backup image and restore with different brand one ?

Top kudoed Authors