Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charitbhatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,760
Message 1 of 10

Complaint: Lenovo Y series

I had a Lenovo Y series. It had some problem and the laptop was given for repair. It has been 5 months and you guys have not yet fixed the same. The laptop was under warranty but the service centre told that it was physical damange and cannot be reapried under warranty but the same can be fixed if I am ready to bear the charges. Even after that the laptopn is not fixed. I have already lost 5 months of warranty because of you guys. Why do you people boast of your services if you cant provide any.  Should have never gone with Lenovo.

Have mailed and escalated to may people at Len India and even they dont care to reply. Have been chasing them for the lst 3months.

Guys either you need to do something or please dont fool people.

Can youplease give se some contacts of higher mgmt at Len india so that i can directly talk to them.

Former Administrator
Views: 1,730
Message 2 of 10

Re: Complaint: Lenovo Y series

charitbhatt,

Sorry to hear that you are having such difficulties.  It seems quite odd that Lenovo service would take 5 months to conclude that there is physical damage to the unit.   You are saying that you sent the system in 5 months ago and are just now being advised of status?

Please send me a private message with your contact information, and your system info - model and serial number, and your service case number.

I'd like to look into this and will help you escalate appropriately.

Best regards,

Mark

blueskies
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,681
Message 3 of 10

Would not recommend

This is the worst computer I've ever purchased. In fact, it's my second Lenovo IdeaPad. A replacement unit.  Because my experience was so bad,  I would have preferred a full refund to buy another brand all together. 

My troubles started 1 month after I received it. It was what appeared to be a minor problem that never actually got repaired. In fact, everytime I sent it out for repair it came back with additional and major problems. The second or third time ( i've lost count) it was "repaired" it was completely inoperable. It was as if someone drop kicked it. The mother board was replaced three times. This literally went on for months. Finally, after reviewing my case, the help desk person said and I quote, "Nobody should have to go through this. They should have replaced it the second time you called." Had he not stepped in, I think the outcome would have been very different. The entire situation was mismanaged.

In the end, they did replace my computer but not after customer care made me jump through hoops even though everything had been documented. They kept reminding me it's past it's warranty (one month) as if they were doing me a favor. Well, it was under warranty when all this happened and continued to happen. It's was past its warranty because Lenovo's help desk and repair team are inept.

Do I like the IdeaPad? Not really. Granted my view has been colored by my experience but in all honesty I think there are better units. I tend to think Lenovo is riding on their ThinkPad reputation which is not as shiney as it used to be either. 

I will never buy or recommend another Lenovo machine ever to anyone.    

Good luck.   

kaiyo
802.11n
Views: 1,656
Message 4 of 10

Re: Would not recommend

It would be nice if you told us what model you have and what actual problem(s) it was....

charitbhatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,623
Message 5 of 10

Have dropped you a meesage.. still no reply from you also..Smiley HappySmiley Happy
intel233
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,558
Message 6 of 10

I agree with you.  I will never be buyin a lenovo laptop again.

charitbhatt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,494
Message 7 of 10

Mark
Can you please check if you can do something about this? I have been waiting a little too long. If you can't do anything do give me some contact number from Len India so that I can directly call them. Please do not give the call centre number. They are already aware of the problem and cannot do anything. I need some contact from the higher management. Atleadt they should know that how the service department is functioning.
Thanks
blueskies
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,426
Message 8 of 10

Charittbhatt,

Maybe I'm cynical but I suspect management is aware and doesn't care, otherwise the call center and hardware repair would not operate the way they currently do.

At any rate, I would recommend calling the call center again and try to get your case escalated. Expect to be escalated to a customer care advocate. Expect to wait 3 to 5 business days for them to call you back. Expect to be given the script about the warranty. Go in prepared (dates, issues, actions, case #). 

Good luck.  

annette60
What's DOS?
Views: 193
Message 9 of 10

Re: Would not recommend

3 days after recieving the Y20 from lenovo is began malfuntioning...no more technical support after Friday their time...called 1st thing Monday to be told they would send a service man within 24 hours, nada no calls or anything,,,called them again...what's up with Lenovo, service was much better when I got the Y580 years ago.  Returning it for replacement and honestly I just want my money back.  Their technical support bites now!

annette60
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 10 of 10

I agree with you, thought I was getting the same service for technical support and a laptop as great as my Y 580 ..my bad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors