Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0x
Punch Card
Views: 3,821
Message 1 of 21

Completely messed up Y580

Hello,

after month of use, my brand new Y580 is completely messed up (god thanks that i already saved all my important data).

When Im booting notebook, there is just a Lenovo logo and loading symbol. It keeps forever - its just loading like 30 minutes.. then I mostly got BSOD with error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

And then it restarts, and then again, again...

And SOMETIMES (very rare) - it loads to whole Windows 8 (after tens of minutes) - then after some minutes, my system completely freeze up - all of the peripheries (mouse etc.) stops working.

When I try checkdisc, or system recovery, its just loading forever and nothing happens.

Only thing I can do is to access my BIOS, I cant even access Windows menu (F8) during boot.

Is there any easy way how can I completely format it? And when I do that - where can I get Windows 8 copy, which I had installed on my notebook? I did not found any media disc in the box with laptop.

Thanks alot. I wil ltry anything, but on monday im gonna push that piece of not working sht into some service. This is nonsense for a 1K$+ notebook.

Moderator note; profanity / implied profanity removed. Keep it clean! Forum Rules

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,806
Message 2 of 21

Re: Completely messed up Y580

Hi
If you haven't played with the partitions, then the best way to go about it is one key recovery. Shutdown laptop, press the novo button(It is a small button near the power button or at the side of the machine) and then it will boot into recovery environment. From there, you can recover to factory state.
However, if it doesn't work, I strongly suggest, you order recovery disks from lenovo.
Also, if you have windows 8, you can use reset/refresh function of windows 8 also
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
Regards

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
0x
Punch Card
Views: 3,802
Message 3 of 21

Hello
I will try that one key recovery thing.
I already tried refresh function, and it didnt work.
Thanks alot for your help

0x
Punch Card
Views: 3,762
Message 4 of 21

Hello,
so I tried one key recovery into factory defaults, and after restart i got this message:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4ygms8ckakoj0mm/r6uhuGlnsS

So it looks like somethin is messed up inside the laptop.

Moderator note; profanity / implied profanity edited. Keep it clean! Forum Rules

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,739
Message 5 of 21

@0x wrote:

Hello,
so I tried one key recovery into factory defaults, and after restart i got this message:

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4ygms8ckakoj0mm/r6uhuGlnsS

So it looks like somethin is messed up inside the laptop.

Moderator note; profanity / implied profanity edited. Keep it clean! Forum Rules

I have encounter such a problem. It is a startup problem. Try repeating what you have tried earlier with "secure boot" in the bios disabled. You may have to use the recovery media made earlier or just use the OKR recovery if you have no important data.

0x
Punch Card
Views: 3,728
Message 6 of 21

OK, I disabled Secure Boot in BIOS and now im gonna try again via OKR Restoring from initial backup once again.
Will let u know how if i was succesfull or not.

Thanks for your help, sir.

0x
Punch Card
Views: 3,713
Message 7 of 21

So, Im still running into same BSOD.

When I do OKR, everything runs fine, then after restart I setup some Win8 settings, log-in into my Microsoft account.. and after another restart, Im looking into black screen for like 5-10minutes and after, I get that BSOD as I posted before.

Thats so disgusting for a new notebook, which im using for one month.. and now I will be without it for weeks Smiley Sad

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,698
Message 8 of 21

@0x wrote:

So, Im still running into same BSOD.

When I do OKR, everything runs fine, then after restart I setup some Win8 settings, log-in into my Microsoft account.. and after another restart, Im looking into black screen for like 5-10minutes and after, I get that BSOD as I posted before.

Thats so disgusting for a new notebook, which im using for one month.. and now I will be without it for weeks Smiley Sad

So the restore with okr works. Now the problem is in the windows settings. It would be good if you change the settings one at a time and observed. In this way you can isolate which one gives the bsod.

Can you give details on your windows settings?

bweh
Paper Tape
Views: 3,661
Message 9 of 21

I have the same problem since yesterday as well. I alreday did all of the adviced steps - reset the whole system to factory status, install everything new etc. I still have the issue. In detail, the problem is the following:

- First of all, the system did no longer go into sleep mode when i closed the screen

- A restart lasts very long before Windows 8 comes up

- After WIN start, first the system works fine, but after some minutes its hangs again for some minutes

- After a while, the system seems to be fine but ...

- If i want to istall software often the systems hangs again

- Whenever i turn off the comupter, it last some minutes (>10) and than i have a blue screen with the hint, that an error occured whily shooting down with the message "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" ... the system tries to gather informations but that fails as well and a restart is initiated, but this fails as well all the time and ends up in a loop - try to start, bluescreen, try to start ...

- sometimes the system tries to run a recovery by itself, but this fails as well all the time.

- If i turn off the power at this point, the system can be restarted and windows can be loaded but still having the same problems.

- Using the recovery tools (levono tools that come up after the system unsuccessfully tries to recover itself) to start in safe mode, the system comes up very fast (as normaly expected) and works fine (but no internet, no sound etc.)

- I changed the mode back to normal system start and it starts fine and first it looks like everything is fine now, but after a short while, the systems hangs again for some minutes and all the problems come up again.

I checked the Logs (in the managmeent console) and have following messages whenever i restart the system:

- Read-Problems on the harddrive (sectors where read twice times)

- timeout problems with different applications  (e.g. SensrSvc, register DCOM applications, ShellHWDetection)

- E/A Operations on hard drive 1 failed

- The Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT/LENOVOVHID/0000

- Reset device RaidPort0

- application errors (e.g. ismagent.exe, actionManager.dll

- Some messages: AUInstallAgent not available

I tried as well finding defects on the harddrive, but no problems can be found by any tool.

Before the problems starts, there where some things that happend

- from the first day on, i had the feeling, that the WIFI is not working well, after some time of intensive surfing, the connection slowed down and after setting the computer into flight mode and back to normal mode, it was fine for the next hour or so.

- i changed the power management from High performance to the Levono option at the bottom

- I turned off the automatically installation of Windows Updates some days before, the evening before the problems came up, i did an windows update (11 files) and rebooted the system (seems to work)

- I closed the notebook to set it into sleep mode (this seems to fail at this point in time)

My conclusion is, that there is a problem with a driver, but i can not figuere out which one it is. Even if there are messages regarding hard disk problems, this seems not to be the problem, as all tests where positive and no tool can encounter any defects on the drive - and in secure mode, the system works pretty fine.

I found some comments (old ones) in internet, that there was a problem with power management in lenovo laptops. 

I don't believe, that the problem is regarding the windows update, because is did not apply that updates after resetting the system, but still encounter the same problems.

I am lost ... maybe it would have been the better idea to buy an alienware ...

Anybody able to help?

Bernd

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,641
Message 10 of 21

@bweh wrote:

I have the same problem since yesterday as well. I alreday did all of the adviced steps - reset the whole system to factory status, install everything new etc. I still have the issue. In detail, the problem is the following:

- First of all, the system did no longer go into sleep mode when i closed the screen

- A restart lasts very long before Windows 8 comes up

- After WIN start, first the system works fine, but after some minutes its hangs again for some minutes

- After a while, the system seems to be fine but ...

- If i want to istall software often the systems hangs again

- Whenever i turn off the comupter, it last some minutes (>10) and than i have a blue screen with the hint, that an error occured whily shooting down with the message "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" ... the system tries to gather informations but that fails as well and a restart is initiated, but this fails as well all the time and ends up in a loop - try to start, bluescreen, try to start ...

- sometimes the system tries to run a recovery by itself, but this fails as well all the time.

- If i turn off the power at this point, the system can be restarted and windows can be loaded but still having the same problems.

- Using the recovery tools (levono tools that come up after the system unsuccessfully tries to recover itself) to start in safe mode, the system comes up very fast (as normaly expected) and works fine (but no internet, no sound etc.)

- I changed the mode back to normal system start and it starts fine and first it looks like everything is fine now, but after a short while, the systems hangs again for some minutes and all the problems come up again.

I checked the Logs (in the managmeent console) and have following messages whenever i restart the system:

- Read-Problems on the harddrive (sectors where read twice times)

- timeout problems with different applications  (e.g. SensrSvc, register DCOM applications, ShellHWDetection)

- E/A Operations on hard drive 1 failed

- The Driver WUDFRd failed to load for the device ROOT/LENOVOVHID/0000

- Reset device RaidPort0

- application errors (e.g. ismagent.exe, actionManager.dll

- Some messages: AUInstallAgent not available

I tried as well finding defects on the harddrive, but no problems can be found by any tool.

Before the problems starts, there where some things that happend

- from the first day on, i had the feeling, that the WIFI is not working well, after some time of intensive surfing, the connection slowed down and after setting the computer into flight mode and back to normal mode, it was fine for the next hour or so.

- i changed the power management from High performance to the Levono option at the bottom

- I turned off the automatically installation of Windows Updates some days before, the evening before the problems came up, i did an windows update (11 files) and rebooted the system (seems to work)

- I closed the notebook to set it into sleep mode (this seems to fail at this point in time)

My conclusion is, that there is a problem with a driver, but i can not figuere out which one it is. Even if there are messages regarding hard disk problems, this seems not to be the problem, as all tests where positive and no tool can encounter any defects on the drive - and in secure mode, the system works pretty fine.

I found some comments (old ones) in internet, that there was a problem with power management in lenovo laptops. 

I don't believe, that the problem is regarding the windows update, because is did not apply that updates after resetting the system, but still encounter the same problems.

I am lost ... maybe it would have been the better idea to buy an alienware ...

Anybody able to help?

Bernd

When you made all those procedures that you stated, did you make any bios settings changes before and after implementing them?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors