Options

26 Posts

01-11-2014

TR

48 Signins

755 Page Views

• Views: 755
  • Message 1 of 5

Computer only boots when cold (other cases: only black screen, no bios)

2019-01-09, 14:54 PM

I have lenovo ideapad y510p that only boots when it is exposed to a really low/cold temprature, after booting it works normally.

At very first times, novo button was not working. Whenever I press it, it used to behave like power button. No options screen. 

After some time, it got impossible to restart. Whenever I restart the computer by restart, it used to close but it used to stuck at black screen in the next start. I could only close the system by pressing the power button. 

And after some time, computer started to boot randomly. Sometimes used to boot sometimes used to stuck on the black screen. 

And now, it only boots when it is exposed to a really low/cold temprature. 

By saying Black screen I mean No lenovo logo screen. And no bios. But keyboard, mouse, USB, dvd rom seem working. 

This happens not only when adapter connected but also with the battery.

Whenever it manages to boot, there's no blue screen, no error, no heating issues, shortly everything works fine. 

By the way, I've renewed the thermal paste of CPU and GPU. I've cleaned the fan. 

Is there anyone with similar problems and if possible any solution? What could be the problem? : (

I've been looking for a feasible solution, but I haven't found yet. 

Thanks. 

Options

1 Posts

06-18-2019

GB

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Computer only boots when cold (other cases: only black screen, no bios)

2019-06-18, 17:24 PM

I have the same problem its happend 3rd time already .. the service in Poland repaired it saying it was bios problem . After around a year i have again black screen im in UK and noone can help me. I have some thoughts that it is related to the temperature , but the laptop is now cool and fresh and still doesnt show anything .. the lights and fan are on. Please help me solve this problem. Dag

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-06-18, 21:48 PM

Hi! The issue seems to be a hardware failure and we suggest you to bring it to the nearest authorized repair centers(https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht118678?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, filter the country) or any local shops for further assistance. If none, you can also reach out to our support(http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/SupportPhoneList?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6) so they can refer you.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

06-24-2019

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-06-24, 16:27 PM

could you be more specific than Hardware error?  this appears to be a somewhat common issue as i am the third person to find this forum and im sure there are many more users on phone or chat services.  
I would like to attempt to repair it myself or get a local professional to repair thank you 

Options

1 Posts

02-06-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:Computer only boots when cold (other cases: only black screen, no bios)

2020-03-02, 19:02 PM
i have the very same issue. did you found a solution?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save