cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braveheart
Serial Port
Views: 112
Message 1 of 1

Computer only boots when cold (other cases: only black screen, no bios)

I have lenovo ideapad y510p that only boots when it is exposed to a really low/cold temprature, after booting it works normally.

At very first times, novo button was not working. Whenever I press it, it used to behave like power button. No options screen. 

After some time, it got impossible to restart. Whenever I restart the computer by restart, it used to close but it used to stuck at black screen in the next start. I could only close the system by pressing the power button. 

And after some time, computer started to boot randomly. Sometimes used to boot sometimes used to stuck on the black screen. 

And now, it only boots when it is exposed to a really low/cold temprature. 

By saying Black screen I mean No lenovo logo screen. And no bios. But keyboard, mouse, USB, dvd rom seem working. 

This happens not only when adapter connected but also with the battery.

Whenever it manages to boot, there's no blue screen, no error, no heating issues, shortly everything works fine. 

By the way, I've renewed the thermal paste of CPU and GPU. I've cleaned the fan. 

Is there anyone with similar problems and if possible any solution? What could be the problem? : (

I've been looking for a feasible solution, but I haven't found yet. 

Thanks. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors