cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaustav003
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 1 of 1

Concern regarding Lenovo Product(Y50 Laptop) and service. No escalation matrix exists!!

I am a Lenovo customer for Last 1 and a half years. In March 2015 I purchased Lenovo Y50 laptop directly from Lenovo Website. This is one of the high end model in that series.

Within six months of purchase issue with the mousepad was observed. As the product was within the warranty period I contacted Lenovo care and the mouse pad was replaced.

Again after 1 year of purchase I had issue with the screen. It turned greenish. This time too I contacted Lenovo care but was surprised to hear that Lenovo has stopped to provide service for the post warranty products. After some initial tests I was asked to get in touch with the third party companies to repair the laptop.

I want to raise my concern for the followings:
    1. Within just 1.5 years two major components(Keyboard panel and LCD) are going to be replaced. Is it just a co-incidence or a faulty product? After spending $1200 for a high end laptop from a renowned brand this is not expected as a customer.
As suggegted by the customer care representative I got in touch with Best buy Geek squad and now I am spending $350 to replace the LCD. This as almost one third of the Laptop's price.
    2. The warranty of the product was for 1 year. It was mentioned and I am ok with this. As a Lenovo customer I would like to get in touch with only Lenovo for any kind of maintenance. I have already invested in a trusted brand and I would like to have any replacement of parts from that brand only. With the third party I am not sure if I am going to get a Lenovo part or I need to pay lot more for the same.
    3. There should be an escalation matrix to properly address user comments and concerns. Today when I got in touch with Lenovo Customer support I came to know there is no proper channel or any mail id in lenovo for the same. The only way is through this forum. This is a public forum where users will post their comments. It cannot be a medium for raising a complaint.

This was the first time I opted for the brand Lenovo and it is a very bad experience so far. Although the customer service representatives were prompt and helping, I hope you can understand my frustration. After spending this much money on a branded laptop if within 18 months two major hardware components need to be replaced and also no service assured from Lenovo then it is surely going to impact on the trust I am having on Lenovo products.

Not sure if I will be getting any response from Lenovo management but still want to raise my concerns here.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors