Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ksquared
Paper Tape
Views: 290
Message 1 of 4

Customer Service - Poor results

I bought a IdeaPad Z565 at the beginning of July from the Lenovo Outlet.  When the laptop arrived I found I had an issue with the power charging the battery.  I realize this is a refurbished unit, supposedly checked out, but I do understand there may be issues.  My assumptions are that Lenovo would back the product and resolve issues. I'm not having such luck.

I immediately called support and the CSR on the line was very helpful. He stepped through a bunch of troubleshooting to try and get to the root cause of the problem to no avail.  During a system restore, the computer froze and the operating system went belly up. I bluntly asked if this was why the computer was returned in the first place and it was a power issue. He said with the OS dead, I had to send to Lenovo - They were also supposed to check the power issues.

They sent the ideapad back with the notice that said they reimaged the hard drive and reinstalled operating system and all the checks checked out - no parts were replaced. But, the same thing with power is happening right away. 

In the last week I have collected more information to the root cause. I have gone through and booted with ubuntu at the request of a forum poster to help try and figure out the issue.  The problem still exists with the different operating system so it has to be hardware related.

It weird the battery will charge for 30 seconds switch to battery then charge for another 30 seconds then not charge indefinitely unless the AC adapter is unplugged and replugged.   Then the previous steps repeat.  This seems to always happen when it is below 80% and/or has been on at least an hour (maybe heat related). It will charge to 100% overnight when the lid is shut.   

I called immediately after receiving the "fixed" laptop to report the problem and the CSR turned the case over to escalations and said I would be receiving a call in 3 days - I received NO CALL!.  I called back again after the 3 days  - all I got was we have a high volume of calls in escalations and it would be another 3 days and I should receive a call -IT HAS BEEN ANOTHER 4 DAYS AND NO CALL!

There are issues with this laptop and they are unwilling to even call back to get this resolved.  I will be calling them back AGAIN  to see if I can get my issue fixed.  This laptop is only weeks old yet I still haven't completely loaded my files from my Dell because I fear they may have to wipe everything out again.  If anyone from Lenovo can help that might be trolling these forums, I would appreciate the help to get these issues resolved. 

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Employee
Views: 261
Message 2 of 4

Re: Customer Service - Poor results

hey Ksquared,

truly sorry to hear on what had happened. could you pm to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(Locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case Number : (if any)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ksquared
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 3 of 4

Serge,

Thank you for your response.  After the last phone call, I received a response from a customer service escalations representative.  After discussing the issue with him, he had someone from the SWAT technical team contact me.  I talked with him today and through my troubleshooting and his knowledge we limited the problem down to a couple of potential causes. I am convinced that through this channel we can get the issues with the IdeaPad resolved for good.  If I run into any problems, I will contact you.  In addition, if the problem gets resolved, I will also post.

Thanks again,

Ksquared

asifhl
Paper Tape
Views: 193
Message 4 of 4

Ksquared,

Did you resolve the problem?

If so, would you be kind enough to post it here?

Thanks in advance!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors