Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Super PM Chat

The Future of Windows Tablets

Join the conversation and share your feedback with the Lenovo Product team
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

DVD Writer Problem

I purchased my Lenovo laptop last year in September ( 2007 ). For the last one month my DVD Writer stopped reading DVD written by the DVD Writer. Some other DVDs are also unreadable. Some Movie DVD which I brought from India are readable & playable on the laptop. Since I came to Iran, I could not approach any lenovo service centre I tried to search for this type of typical problem on Internet. 

Meanwhile my laptop got some problem & it could not be booted. Since DVD Drive was not working & I had a lot of important data on Laptop, I was in a fix what to do. I checked BIOS for booting through USB & found that it’s BIOS does not allow to Boot from USB. For two days I could not use my Laptop.  

Some how one of friend gave me an original OD Disk, which my Laptop accepted & I could repair the operating system & use my laptop. 

Again searching for BIOS upgradation for USB Boot service & DVD Problem I reached the lenovo community forum page on the NET & found that I am not the only sufferer of this problem. Most of the lenovo users have the DVD Problem like me. This seems to be because of low quality product of Matasu**bleep**a DVD Writer.

At present I am in IRAN & will be here for another two months & in a month my warranty of laptop will expire, I may not be able get free replacement of my Laptop, I request lenovo customer care through this forum to suggest me the alternative for my solution. 

Meanwhile any member can suggest a better replacement of the exixting DVD Writer. Also suggest alternative method of Booting if both DVD Drive & HDD fail to boot.

My laptop details are as given below :  S.No. EB 05515663 – P.No. : 17080215  Model no. 7761-Y500-4EQPurchased at Nehru Place, New Delhi ( Parvesh Kumar Sethi )