Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tiggerer
Punch Card
Views: 176
Message 1 of 4

DVD stopped working then disappeared from sight

How Do All,

Always nice to be back in the saddle again especially when its been awhile....still fits good,lol  Anyway all my daughter has one of the very first Y510's to hit the market and yes it has had the hinges replaced several times under warranty which in itself was no small task but accomplished none the less from Lenovo's Top Dog and of course I refer to Mark Hopkins.  It has lost its boot sector a few times, killed a hard drive, made me learn Vista, and it can't get worse than that now can it....maybe,lol now it refuses to acknowledge the DVD drive what soever?  I looked for it everywhere from "My Computer" to control panel Administrative Tools, Computer Management, and even there all I see is "C" drive period?  I stick a cd or a dvd in it and it sounds like it is going to boot but nothing happens and it just stops and seems to wait for the next command?  Anyone else running into this problem?  I have searched the KB but came up empty so of course the next step is to ask the all mighty aka us guys and gals, any help would be so greatly appreciated from any and all.  I do want to thank everyone who helps out so many others out there as there areso many to help even I have problems wondering where I want to start some days.  So thanks for your time and trouble and I hope there is someone out there who may have had the same problems and can help me with mine, personally I think that a Y510 that is still running should be in a museum or just taken out back and put out of our miseries,lol because it is so obsolete in todays Lap top standards...but hey thats me,lol

BTW it is a Vista 32 bit O/S model 15303 and a CPU T2330 with a newish 300 gig western dig hard drive if this info helps.

Sincerely,

Tiggerer

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 165
Message 2 of 4

Re: DVD stopped working then disappeared from sight

tiggerer
Punch Card
Views: 162
Message 3 of 4

Hello Yigit,

Long time no talk to, hope all is well with you and yours....getting back to my post and your reply I did go to the thread that you suggested to me but all of their issue's were with working drives that they could actually see but in my case I do not see this drive anywhere???  I do not even get an error when I put either a CD or a DVD in it, it sounds like it is starting but nothing happens.  Is there anyway I can look into the registry to see if it is listed there?  I did a complete power down and then used a paper clip to insert a disc before firing it back up but the same thing happened ....nothing,lol  In control panel under admin tools I went to computer management and all that was listed was "C" drive where on my XP desktop I see all my drives as well as my media card slots listed, which I do not see on the Y510...very strange.  I also went into event viewer but found no error's connected to the DVD drive, so given this any other idea's floating around the cranium.  As always Yigit thanks for your time.

Tiggerer

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 157
Message 4 of 4

yes, it's been long time.
can you check if you can see dvd-rom under bios?
is it listed?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors