Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miriade
Punch Card
Views: 2,260
Message 1 of 7

Defects in a brand new Z500

1) http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Z500-Touch-Touchpad-is-jumpy-produces-a-zig...

2) The touchpad is very slightly misplaced inside the casing. Even though this may sound as a minor issue, the right side of it is slightly more sunken as well and sometimes when I click the touchpad it makes a very weird noise, like if the moving part of the touchpad touched the casing from inside. Like a old creaky door.

3) The charger plug is not firmly attached to the laptop, it moves a lot: video.

4) The keyboard is slightly detached from the casing, under the right Control key: video.

Take this into account if you're about to buy this or any other Lenovo laptop. I didn't contact support for these issues yet, since I need this laptop for my daily work, I can't get rid of it for the indefinite amount of time Lenovo takes to fix it.

And, even worse, I expect them to fix 1), but I wouldn't really expect them to fix the rest, especially 4), since it even looks like it's scratched (and I didn't notice until recently!)

miriade
Punch Card
Views: 2,196
Message 2 of 7

Re: Defects in a brand new Z500

Well, it looks like the matte finish on the touchpad is PEELING OFF. UNBELIEVABLE.
Image, image.

anandsb
What's DOS?
Views: 2,037
Message 3 of 7

just a week old and the matte finish paint on touch pad peeling off. built quality is not upto mark. even its not with back lit key board .

sarvesh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,813
Message 4 of 7

Defects in a brand new Z500

just bought it a month back and the touchpad is pealing off. just hate to c it this way . please look into it and suggest a remedy

swhite91
Paper Tape
Views: 1,713
Message 5 of 7

My touchpad is starting to peel now, despite only using it about once a week as I use a mouse. It would probably be covered by warranty, but if I did this, I would be without a computer for who knows how long, which I can't afford to do. 

So I'm lost to what my options are now Smiley Sad

Yazanm
What's DOS?
Views: 1,683
Message 6 of 7

Hi, I have the same problem with my Z500 , could you please let me know which service center to contact here in UK ? Do you know if it is covered under the warranty here ? Thanks
Former Employee
Views: 1,622
Message 7 of 7

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. i'm sorry to hear about the issue you've face as every product we deliver must go through quality testing first. At this point its unsure how many are left affected only by judgement at the amount of post i find here at the moment. 

That being said I'd like to bring this up to our internal teams for veiwing, could you PM(Private Message) me some information I require below.

Serial Number (Mandatory)

Touch pad brand :

Full name :

Phone :

Email :

In addition if you'd like to contact our service teams please click on the link below.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_MY/product-service/service-provider/findServiceProvider.page?

Hope to hear back

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors