Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rickwood
What's DOS?
Views: 1,430
Message 1 of 6

Delivery on Y550

I first ordered my Y550 and home server on 9/25/2009.  After chasing it through the month of October, a sales rep told me that the only way to move ahead with the order would be to cancel the first order and re-enter it.  So now I have a new order number and a new delivery date, but little assurance that the computer would actually be shipped.

I really would like to have a lenovo Y550, but don't know if I can continue to wait.

I can go to a best buy and get a dell today - is that what I should do?

Is this just part of the lenovo experience or is it a temporary problem that you are working through?

kokopelli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,411
Message 2 of 6

Re: Delivery on Y550

crying crying..........shake hands, same in here!! y450 10/25/09 bought on lenovo homepage, estimated ship 11/30/09, but customer service told me today, it will be more than that.

Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,373
Message 3 of 6

What im doing is keep checking deal sites to see what kind of laptop sales are going on.  If a better deal comes up I will cancel my order with Lenovo.  I have been to the Lenovo website many times ready to make a purchase and have cancelled the order after seeing the estimate ship date.   Right now I have 2 orders in place for some Y550's and I got a pretty good deal on them.   If Lenovo wants to give me weeks to shop around for a better deal then its their loss if I find one.

kokopelli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,326
Message 4 of 6

Can anybody tell me why it takes soooo long to get it?

1. it is HOT product, too much people order

2. not made yet

3. made already but in China, need ship all together

4. re-programing system

5. less people working on the shipping

6. waiting for the parts price down and ship out (this month is 700USD, next month will be 600USD, DE-valued)

Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,313
Message 5 of 6

Beats me.  I hope they keeping count of how many people cancel their orders with lenovo.

zer0icee
What's DOS?
Views: 1,268
Message 6 of 6

It took me over a month and 10-12 hours of phone calls, a letter to the better business bureau, and 20 or so emails  to finally get lenovo to send me my Y550. I don't think lenovo much cares about the little consumeres when they are dealing with big business orders. I actually bought a dell while I waited for the Y550 and had to return it, overall the y550 is alot faster but no where near as asthetically pleasing or simple to deal with. Lenovo customer support is akin to a unicorn, that is non-existant.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors