cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodgemanx
What's DOS?
Views: 907
Message 1 of 2

Disabling the Intel Graphics in my Y570?

When I disable the Intel Graphics in Device manager, then reboot things seem to run fine on the Nvidia only but updates and some games, 'ie Everquest 1 or 2' report no compatible graphics processor and the Nvidia tools on their web site report no device found.  It's showing ok in my device manager.  I origanly tried this because my Everquest Options was showing the Intel stuff being used as the graphics processor even with Optimus what ever turned on?  Any thoughts on this?

velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 899
Message 2 of 2

Re: Disabling the Intel Graphics in my Y570?

First off if you don't have these 285.79 drivers and if you haven't selected high performance power option in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options plus in the 3D setting in the nvidia contro; panel, you're never going to get it running well. As for what's happening to your Y570 I'm guessing that the switchable draphics software stinks and is causing this. I've had two different branded laptop with two different graphics cards and they both didn't work well when running in automatic switch mode, where the laptop choose which card to use for what, lucky the amd card had a way to set the bios so as to stop this automatic switching mode, nvidia hasn't. I won't buy anoher laptop which can't have its switchable graphics mode turn off, I hope doing like I suggested helps.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors