Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mor2020
Fanfold Paper
Views: 34,351
Message 51 of 609

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on Y410

Hi

I have formatted my backup partition of N100 3000. So I have lost my windows backup and now I have an additional free partition and lenovo recovery system doesn't work.

Is there any solution to get my backup back.

Can I ask lenovo to send me sth to recover?

chsriman
Paper Tape
Views: 36,508
Message 52 of 609

Any update to my problem regarding the visible hidden partition and the one key recovery not working???

i tried to burn a Factory Recovery DVD using Onekey Recovery tool. i chose Create Recovery disk, selected Factory Default recovery disk and got to the burning options. I realized I do not have any blank dvd so I close the program. The service partition became visible. When i tried again to burn the Factory Default recovery disk I received the following error: The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable. I tried to hide gaain the partition, but still could not get it working. Is there any solution for the problem?

digitaleagle
Punch Card
Views: 36,447
Message 53 of 609

I wonder who at Lenovo came up with the brilliant idea of creating all these partitions?  To me it is more confusing than it is worth dealing wtih.  I used a partition manager to shrink the D partition on my G550 because I don't plan on using it anyway.  I didn't delete it for fear that it would mess up my system.  My preferred way of backing up my system is with disk imaging software - I use TrueImage from Acronis.   It would have been a lot easier for Lenovo to have just created one partition, the C drive, and given us all an Operating System recovery disk with the drivers on a separate disk.  If your hard drive get's corrupted just boot off the recovery DVD and you are back where you first started.  In fact - with Windows 7 it will find all the drivers for you if you are hooked to the internet. 

I'm sure the intention was to make this idiot proof by allowing users to just hit the one button recovery after their system is trashed by viruses or whatever and poof they are back.  But what if you want to use some of that precious space for your C drive?  What if you decide to shrink some of the partitions?  Or what if you want to upgrade to a larger hard drive?   I guess this wasn't very well thought out at Lenovo. 

I'm sure they justified this idiotic system by saving about  .50 cents per unit by not bothering to give us the recovery disks  and felt it would be better for them to make everyone create their own DVD's.  Since no one apparently can answer these partition questions from Lenovo  I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.  

If it were me - I would just do a low level format on the whole bloody drive and do a clean install with Windows 7 to create just one partition - then use the method I talked about above and regularly image the drive.  Simple, clean and neat.  I'm pretty sure that from a clean install of Windows 7 you can get rid of all the partitions, including the hidden one, and create a new partition structure - but I might be wrong. 

If you don't do this - how the heck are you supposed to be able to upgrade your hard drive down the road to a bigger one with this goofy partition structure?  I can't figure it out and I'm pretty handy with PC's. 

If anyone deciphers this mystery, please let us know. 

dgerkineye
Fanfold Paper
Views: 36,444
Message 54 of 609

I will never buy another Lenovo. I cannot even download Window service Pack since my C drive, I never add to it , does not have the space

vks
Paper Tape
Views: 36,404
Message 55 of 609

Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature on G550

I bought brand new G550 laptop.It has 320GB Hard Disk.

As you said factory default Hard disk partition:  C: Smaller space & rest is of D drive.

But in my G550 laptop, C drive have 252GB of 320 GB.

I also want the same partition as you said.

D drive with 252GB space with NOVO button feature.

Please tell me how to do??

catzila
Paper Tape
Views: 36,216
Message 56 of 609

i facing some problem now..

my NOVO button is no working..... when i press this button ( notebook at off condition )

it become a "on" button....

history

I format my computer and reinstall the XP ( original is Vista)

but after sometime i reformat again using the NOVO button...

after that i reliase i have a pratition G ( except C and D ) which i cant be use....

and then i reformat this partition ..

I wonder is it this is the place where the back up keep ...

because after i format this partition... ( size of Partition G is around 13.8G )

( i guess this is the reason )

NOVO button become "on" button now..

if really happen that ..

where i can redownload this back up file at lenovo website

( my computer model is Y410)

Thanks for your help

Wally15
Paper Tape
Views: 36,160
Message 57 of 609

I want to back out the current Windows Vista and restore.

fau7i
Paper Tape
Views: 34,817
Message 58 of 609

Great forum that did solve my problem, not the best solution but at least my NOVO button works with W7 and after repartition the HDD. 

Bought G230 3 weeks ago and it came with 320HDD, freeDOS (no OS CD or recovery CD was supplied). Good value for money so I grab it beside I have an option to stick with XP. Finally, I decided to install W7 ultimate 32bit though I know that I will facing compatibility issues later. It has onekey recovery function but I didn't care or even know about that when installing W7. During the installation, I did repartitioning and reformatting the HDD using the option aval in W7 CD. Original vol C:30Gb, D: 280Gb and X:15Gb (changed to C: 50Gb, Hidden partition 100Mb (created by W7) and the rest is for D:.

No issue appeared after 2 weeks using W7 and I'm very satisfied till now. Then, start trying onekey recovery and found the button didn't work (push and directly boot to windows..just like power button). Updated the OKR software to version 7.0 but still got same result until I realized 2 things, first, repartition should be avoided and my G230 was freeDOS (should I restore to that state and lose my W7?).

I'm not a technician. Just read and try. Based on many suggestions, instructions and findings from our members in this forum and other sites  (I tried almost all), I conclude the steps are;

1.  Install OKR software in C: (default).

2. For my case, I have to remove first system reserved partition (100Mb) which was created when installing W7. This to avoid conflict when we have 2 hidden partition. After that, using Windows Disk Management tool, repartition the HDD to create 3rd partition(as last partition) as service partition (hidden). No exact size (I put 20Gb at first). Create as primary NTFS volume with any label, so we can see it at this stage. Run PTEDIT32 to change the partition sectors start from 594198528 till end. Check also the 1st partition sectors should 2048. Reboot.

3. Run Win Disk Management Tool again. See the 3rd partition size has already changed to 14.75Gb after editing the sector. A few unallocated space was there so I extended D:.

4. Go to C:/Program files/Lenovo/Onekey App/Onekey Recovery/MakeWinPEISO/WinPE_x86/ISO. Copy all folders/files there and paste to 3rd partition. Then, remove the partition label and run PTEDIT32 to change the ID 07 to 12. Reboot.

5. That partition now is hidden and known as OEM Partition. Run OKR to create backup file. I save the backup in external HD.

6. Shutdown and push the NOVO button.. It should start loading. It works for me but not perfect. With OKR 7.0 we have 2 options (restore factory setting or restore from user's backup file). I failed for the 1st option ... "initial backup file couldn't be found, the service is not aval at this time". I have tried many time to create custom factory backup file using OKR and put in that partition.. But still doesn't work until now. Maybe somebody can help.

7. But for the 2nd option, restoration from my external HD that contains my first backup.wsi file was successfully done. At least the NOVO key done his job.

..not the best solution.. glad to see any feedback

ralhanrk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 34,572
Message 59 of 609

This is the biggest draw back of Lenovo. Surprisingly they have deaf ears on the issue. My. System purchased in US and being used in India has same problem One Mr. Rakesh xxxxxx Service Head, North India says this is not possible to get the same repaired here. The machine has to go to USA for repairs. This is bull **bleep** of the company of this size. We expect the solution to be given immediately. I had purchased  note pads there after but none from Lenovo. I am using G530.

Regards,

rkr

Moderator note; full name of Lenovo employee edited. Forum Rules.

dcloko_BR
Punch Card
Views: 33,770
Message 60 of 609

I bought a Lenovo G550 with 4GB DDR3, T4300, 320Gb. It came with Windows 7 BASIC installed and I'd like to install a version of Windows 7 Professional I have here. I want to do a clean install!

Well, when I started the installation, the disks were partitioned as follows:

1. 200 Mb - System;

2. 233 GB - Hard c: \ (where I believe that Windows 7 Basic is installed)

3. 30.2 GB - Lenovo (here are the drivers, totaling 800MB used!)

4. LENOVO_PART - 14.8GB [OEM] (is a hidden partition! Probably the One Key Rescue. He says CAN NOT INSTALL, OEM is because, for the MANUFACTURER)

The question is: if I delete the first 3 partitions, leaving only the hidden partition (Lenovo_PART-14.8Gb) and install Windows 7 Professional, will work?? If later I want to restore the system using the discs created by One Key Rescue, will work too? That will give an error?

PLEASE HELP! Windows 7 BASIC sucks! :robottongue:

(Thanks to google for the english translation) 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors