Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Display Driver lgfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Hi,

I just purchased a Y430 and perodically the message "Display Driver lgfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered" will display after my screen turns black for about 1-2 seconds. I'm not playing video games or anything. I was just going through the different applications. I have literally only had the machine for a few hours. I ordered it straight from Lenovo's site. I have yet had the opportunity to dll anything to it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: Display Driver lgfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered

Update: The Lenovo phone techs could not fix it either. They requested that I return it. They were very kind & patient in the help process. The only bummer is that it took me a good 45 minutes talking to the returns department why I should not have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee since I only had the computer for less than 24 hours and sending it back. They finally did agree. I hope my laptop problem was a isolated incident. I will retry one more time and order another one....hope I have better luck this time.