cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anoop101
What's DOS?
Views: 433
Message 1 of 4

Does the charger need to be connected all the time to the laptop?

Please could I be excused if I have posted this in the wrong thread. I am new here, and wasn't entireley sure where to post this. I have a Lenovo Laptop ideapad, and when choosing the energy management options, i have opted for Best Battery health. My laptop charges up to 50%, and then doesn't charge. Am I suppose to leave the charger plugged in or not? How do I protect the laptop, making sure it is not getting overheated. I would appreciate any help and advice thanks.

Anoop.

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 429
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does the charger need to be connected all the time to the laptop?

Just leave the power adaptor/charger connected to your notebook, or you will be running on battery power, then you will be causing unessesary wear on your battery.

You should only run on battery power when you dont have access to a mains supply or a connected wire is inconvenient.

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD
Anoop101
What's DOS?
Views: 418
Message 3 of 4

Thanks ever soo much for the kinds message John. Appreciate the support, I will create the Recovery CD's as soon as I can.

Smiley Happy

Anoop.

Tinderbox_UK
Broadband 3G
Views: 411
Message 4 of 4

The link below will give you some information on lin-ion battery care, and why lenovo battery care of 50%-60% is a good thing to use, it can considerably reduce your battery wear.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

John.

Win7 Lenovo Ideapad Z580 i5-3210m HD4000 Win7 x64 8gb 1600MHz Samsung 830 256GB SSD

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors