Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-16-2014

England

5 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 1 of 4

Dolby Audio Driver not working. PLEASE HELP.

2015-04-11, 11:44 AM

Hi, recently i've been getting a messege when starting up my laptop 'unable to start the dolby audio driver. please restart the computer or reinstall driver if problem persists.' i thought nothing much of it at the time but after that, there are no sounds coming out while gaming or playing other media files. please help. i have a lenovo z500 i7 idea pad.

I'm on windows 8.1 if that helps!

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Dolby Audio Driver not working. PLEASE HELP.

2015-04-11, 12:53 PM

wrote:

Hi, recently i've been getting a messege when starting up my laptop 'unable to start the dolby audio driver. please restart the computer or reinstall driver if problem persists.' i thought nothing much of it at the time but after that, there are so sounds coming out while gaming or playing other media files. please help. i have a lenovo z500 i7 idea pad.

You can try one of the following (start at 1 first):

1. Run in an elevated commnad prompt without the quotation "sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth"

2. Restore to a date where you can remember that the dolby audio sound is working.

3. Use OKR to restore everything to factory default. Note you need to backup all your personal files before doing this and might need to reinstall all third party programs after the restoration.

Options

5 Posts

01-16-2014

England

5 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-04-11, 14:32 PM

ive tried 1 & 2 but still no success. I don't really want to try number 3 just yet as i haven't got anything to back up all my files and programs on at the moment. any other suggeestions? really want to sort this out as its preventing me from playing any media files!

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-04-11, 16:34 PM

wrote:

ive tried 1 & 2 but still no success. I don't really want to try number 3 just yet as i haven't got anything to back up all my files and programs on at the moment. any other suggeestions? really want to sort this out as its preventing me from playing any media files!

You can try uninstalling the audio driver and dolby and reinstall the audio driver (the file includes dolby).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms