Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkaditya
What's DOS?
Views: 562
Message 1 of 3

Dolby Digital Plus not working

I hve been using a Z 50-70 for the past one and a half years and Dolby digital was working fine. I reinstalled it after the windows 10 upgrade and it worked well for a few months but has now suddenly stopped working. The application starts and I can turn it on and even switch modes form movie to music and others but nothing happens and the sound remains the same. Please help!

Thank you in advance.

Amandalyy
What's DOS?
Views: 479
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dolby Digital Plus not working

I have this problem too and solved it by:

Uninstalled the Conexant SmartAudio HD and reboot laptop. 

Go to Device Manager > sound, video and game controllers > Conexant SmartAudio HD, right click on it and uninstalled it. System will request for reboot. See if this helps. 

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 468
Message 3 of 3

Re: Dolby Digital Plus not working

Hello there,

Its a common issue usually happens when the audio device was updated by windows(bad idea)... Just follow my steps completely & then you will get your dolby settings back,thrust me

1.Disable internet connection..

2.Go to Control panel->System->Advanced system settings(on left side)->Hardware->Device installation settings->Select no->Apply,Ok..

3.Go to Control panel->Device manager->Sound,video & game controllers->Right click on Conexant smart audio HD->Uninstall->Tick delete driver software for device->Ok then reboot..

4.Download the audio driver here..

5.Intall the downloaded driver & then reboot..

6.You can now enable Internet connection(the reason i said you to disable internet connection because windows will attempt to download incompatibe driver & intall & thats your problem now)...Do the steps fully

Report back

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors