Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-02-2013

South Dakota

10 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 6

Dolby Home Theater Download

2013-06-02, 17:16 PM

I have a P580 and cannot find the download for Dolby Home Theater. I'm running windows 7. 

I've searched and have found a couple of links to other laptops, but not the P580 and those other's don't work.

Where is the link for it?

TIA,

Rich

Answer
Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594

Re: Dolby Home Theater Download

2013-06-26, 19:43 PM

hi rdonahue,

Hi all

If you downloaded the Conexant Audio Driver from Lenovo Support site for P580, the one that is 104mb on size.

this one:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0zau06ww.exe

Once you install this on your computer for Audio it creates a backup of Audio related things to your C: drive, it will be named "Drivers"  This includes the DOLBY HOME THEATER APP

For us to make a Clean and proper install, Follow this guide

1. Uninstall the Conexant Driver and any Dolby related from your Control Panel / Programs and features / Uninstall a program. Then Restart the system

2. Download the Conexant Audio drivers from the link above. Install that and complete everything. Restart.

3. Go to My Computer    /> C: (C Drive)    /> Drivers /> Conexant Audio Driver   /> DolbyGUI

4. You should be seing a Dolby Home theater Install that,  then Restart and you're done.!

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Replies(5)
Options

1251 Posts

11-19-2012

Egypt

1333 Signins

10326 Page Views

• Views: 10326
  • Message 2 of 6

2013-06-05, 9:49 AM

Dear Rdonahue

Welcome in lenovo forums

Please usethe below link and check if it will works or not

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029566

Please let me know

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

06-02-2013

South Dakota

10 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2013-06-05, 11:39 AM

Okay, I don't think I saw that one before. We'll try it and get back.

Thanks!

Options

7 Posts

06-02-2013

South Dakota

10 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2013-06-22, 14:17 PM
No I've aready tried that one. I need the dolby software for the P580.

I have two P580's. One came with the correct software (win7) and unfortunately the other, someone screwed up and put win8 on it. So Lenovo, in their wisdom, sent me win7 disks. We installed the disks but the software is NOT the same as with my other P580.

I really wish someone could help me. This is an ongoing problem and Lenovo tech support wants to charge me $$ to fix it, when it is Lenovo's fault in the first place. I'm very disappointed in this. Please, someone at Lenovo, find me the correct download link!
Options

7 Posts

06-02-2013

South Dakota

10 Signins

36 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2013-06-25, 12:19 PM

Let me be absolutely clear. Lenovo sent me the laptop with Win8 when it should have come with win7. 

I'm still, patiently, waiting for support here.

It's not rocket science. Just send me the correct link.

Answer
Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 6 of 6

2013-06-26, 19:43 PM

hi rdonahue,

Hi all

If you downloaded the Conexant Audio Driver from Lenovo Support site for P580, the one that is 104mb on size.

this one:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0zau06ww.exe

Once you install this on your computer for Audio it creates a backup of Audio related things to your C: drive, it will be named "Drivers"  This includes the DOLBY HOME THEATER APP

For us to make a Clean and proper install, Follow this guide

1. Uninstall the Conexant Driver and any Dolby related from your Control Panel / Programs and features / Uninstall a program. Then Restart the system

2. Download the Conexant Audio drivers from the link above. Install that and complete everything. Restart.

3. Go to My Computer    /> C: (C Drive)    /> Drivers /> Conexant Audio Driver   /> DolbyGUI

4. You should be seing a Dolby Home theater Install that,  then Restart and you're done.!

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Solid Cruver

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms