Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

10-09-2013

Canada

17 Signins

156 Page Views

• Views: 156
  • Message 1 of 9

Dolby Home Theatre V4 help

2013-10-09, 14:26 PM

I recently had to purchase a new hard drive for my idea pad p580 and I lost my dolby home theatre v4. I tried googling it and going on their web site to get the sofware back. I cannot find it. All i can find is the drivers for it and any info i find online isnt helping pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease can someone help me with this. The audio is really poor and Ive even tried phoning lenova directly and sice my laptop is out of warranty they will not help. I really would like this program back so any advice would be very much help

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Dolby Home Theatre V4 help

2013-10-09, 14:55 PM

Hi narchambault,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

First, Make sure you don't have any third party Dolby Installer by doing this

Windows 7

Open My Computer / C: Drive and on the upper right corner of the window use the search box and type Dolby

Any Dolby file that shows up Delete them

WIndows 8

Hit Windows key + W to open a search type Dolby then delete any Dolby file hat shows up.

Once Cleared proceed to the next step.

Download and install This Driver depending on your Windows Version

Windows 7  Conexant Audio Driver

Windows 8  Conexant Audio Driver

Now to install Dolby

For Windows 7

Open My Computer / C: Drive and in the upper right portion of the windows you will find a search box, type Dolby

You should find the Installer, like this,

Install that and you should be good to go,

Disregard the Advanced Audio If you system preloaded is Home theatre, then Home theater is what will show up.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2013

Canada

17 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2013-10-09, 15:31 PM

I tried all the steps and second part with the installer doesnt show up. I already had the step 1 audio driver i just said yes to intalling over. But the installer is nowhere to be found      ??

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2013

Canada

17 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2013-10-09, 16:06 PM

i found the installers but now its saying the installation package could not be found make sure it exists or you can access it

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2013

Canada

17 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2013-10-10, 17:00 PM

This does not work. Anyone else have any answers??????????????????????????/

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2013

Canada

17 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2013-10-10, 18:02 PM

trying to install dolby theatrev4 on idea pad p580. Tried all the steps from previous post with no avail. I got the program but everytime i try to install it, it says pcee needs to be installed. Ive tried to download and install conexant drivers but all it does is create an empty folder. Ive tried erasing it and re downloading it. But it still comes up as an empty folder. This said empty folder shows it has stuff in it when properties is look into. I would like to know what is a pcee and where i get it?? Is it the same as conexant? or do i need the realtek driver? If so where is it? Ive been on this problem for days now and im ready to buy a new computer this is crazy. My computer never came with any cd's and lenova will not send me any because my computer is out of warrenty someone please help. 

Moderator Note; subject edited; duplicate thread merged

Options

20 Posts

10-24-2013

Canada

11 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 7 of 9

2013-10-24, 7:53 AM

pcee4c.resources.dll refers to the Dolby profile selector and is bundled with the Conexant HD audio. The .dll is located under c:/program files(x86)/Dolby Home Theater v4/en-us - I'm having similar issues with Dolby Home Theater v4 as well.

Options

7 Posts

10-09-2013

Canada

17 Signins

156 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2013-10-31, 22:46 PM

Any luck with getting it to work. Anyone have any other options for better sound??? the sound is really low and kinda crappy

Options

20 Posts

10-24-2013

Canada

11 Signins

130 Page Views

• Views: 130
  • Message 9 of 9

2013-11-01, 0:54 AM

No, I tried all the options as well. Called Lenovo and they're telling me the only way to restore the Dolby Home Theater software is to purchase the OEM DVD for $89. I've scoured the internet in the hope of finding a link to 'legacy' drivers, but all the links point to this newly revised driver web page. According to one Lenovo tech rep, the Dolby Home Theater software will only work with a specific Conexant audio card and the respective driver is specific to the audio card.  A 'special' version of Windows 7 is included on the DVD that includes all the drivers necessary to get the Dolby Home Theater to function as it should. 

My P580 is only fourteen months old, it doesn't make much sense as to why Lenovo would have taken the older drivers down only to have to pay for them. For this fact alone, I don't think I'll be buying another Lenovo product and I've been using their products for close to fifteen years. 

As for an alternative, you could try a USB sound card, I've been using Soundblaster Play but if you're into recording music the latency is terrible and the device isn't ASIO compatible. I'll be looking at other alternatives and I'll post my findings if I'm able to locate a suitable alternative.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms