Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farhad-Lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,040
Message 1 of 9

Don't access BIOS in my Lenovo Z580

Hi Smiley Happy

I am unable to enter the bios on my Z580 ideapad. This was after I discovered that I cannot change the boot sequence.

I have attempted all the following options without success:

- Hit F2 or Fn+F2 during boot

- Hold down any key during boot

- Use the Lenovo OneKey recovery button and novo button

- Windows 8 Advanced Restart

- Tried F5, F8, F10, F11 and F12 during boot

- Tried DEL button during boot 8. Turning off Windows fastboot and re-attempting steps 1 to 7 above. Nothing works. Lenovo, why is this not working?

Regards

Farhad

Guru
Views: 1,017
Message 2 of 9

Re: Don't access BIOS in my Lenovo Z580

It should be F2.You're pressing it at the beginning right (when the Lenovo logo appears)?

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
HiBye
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,011
Message 3 of 9

When i access bios, I wait for the LENOVO logo or sometimes even before that, I start pressing "Fn+F12" for my laptop

or weird that the OneKey doesnt work. Hmm, I just press the little button and I can choose bios or boot menu

--
I try to help Smiley Tongue
Farhad-Lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 973
Message 4 of 9

But I can't access Bios yet. I try it. But windows start and don't access to bios set up Smiley Sad
HiBye
Blue Screen Again
Views: 957
Message 5 of 9

I once has this problem and I think i installed drivers from lenovo, and tried pressings every single F key with Fn and without, even Esc key untill i got in... later found out that Fn+f12 was the combo

--
I try to help Smiley Tongue
Farhad-Lenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 908
Message 6 of 9

Thanks HiBye

I try that more and more

But no key can start my z580 to BIOS Setup 

ebbyt00
Paper Tape
Views: 812
Message 7 of 9

few way to access to bios in z580

1-easy way is using nova button check out the below pics

2- at the start up (booting) hold F2

3- if computer can boot ok , hold shift and restart the computer

if none of them would works (which did not for me) there is chance the corrupted boot manger, a year a go there wasn't any bios update available for z580 i had to  send my laptop to lenovo, they changed the motherboard for me under warranty's work , same thing happen again after year ,i tried all the tricks but no luck ( that mean if hard drive dies you have to  find another lenovo laptop to clone the drive ,because laptop wont boot from anything except internal hard drive) the good thing there is bios update which helped me to fix the my bios access problem .

ebbyt00
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 8 of 9

update the bios , which helped me to fix the my bios access problem .

LandLizard
Punch Card
Views: 801
Message 9 of 9

What I used on my Z40 was Shutdown.exe /r /o from Run (Windows Key + R). This booted me to a menu in which I was able to access the BIOS.
  Had gotten the hint from How To Access The BIOS On A Windows 8 Computer web page; scroll down a ways to Accessing UEFI BIOS is listed. Change the settings in your PC's UEFI firmware did get me at first, but that's what is needed to access the UEFI BIOS.

That Novo key is difficult to press and wasn't working for me. Machine boots so fast was unable to use the function keys. Wonder if there's a special keyring tool one can use to press that recessed button with?

What I've done once in the BIOS was set an Admin & User Password. Now when rebooting the laptop I get asked for a password, and this also would give time to press a function key - as these machines boot so fast.

Z40 Laptop • i7-4510U • 8GB RAM • 1TB Hybrid HDD • 14" FHD (16:9) • GeForce GT820M / 2GB • BGN WiFi • Win8.1 x64

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors