cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b0ib0ii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,764
Message 1 of 8

Doubts on Lenovo Hidden Partition (URGENT)

Hi!

I am using Lenovo Y450 and from what I see from My Computer, I saw C: Drive and D: Drive.

So, I get to the Disk Management screen and I saw one partition without any drive letter on it. I believe thats the hidden partition where it states EISA Configuration.

Now the problem is IF I install Windows 7 on C drive (Assuming I'm doing a FRESH Installation and C drive gets formated.) Will the One Key Recovery disappear?

And assuming that One Key Recovery is still there, and I want to revert it back to Default Factory Setting using One Key to Vista, Is it supportable?

Pardon on my poor English.    I need an answer urgently! I hope someones reply me. (:

vihali
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,751
Message 2 of 8

Re: Doubts on Lenovo Hidden Partition (URGENT)

As long as you keep the hidden partition and C partition untouched then everything should be fine.

You can install everything you want, don't resize those partitions. The OKR even works when the computer is off.

b0ib0ii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,721
Message 3 of 8

As long as you keep the hidden partition and C partition untouched then everything should be fine

What does this means? Im not doing any partition(resizing,deleting or shrinking) BUT just formating C drive. WIll that work as well?

I need an answer ASAP! Thanks

Retired Guru
Views: 1,702
Message 4 of 8

Upon installing Windows 7, select partition #1 (which should be drive "C") and format it. Do not delete the partition and create a new one. This should keep the OneKey recovery partition functional.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
b0ib0ii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,668
Message 5 of 8

Okay! Got it! Thanks guys.

Oh btw, 1 more question, Does formating D drive affect the hidden partition as well? Since D drive all I have is the Drivers files.

Thanks again.

pshing
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,653
Message 6 of 8

No, formatting D driver wont affect. As long as you dont touch the hidden partition.

By the way, why dont use ghost or some other software to mirror the disk? Then erase the entire partition? if you know how to format and install windows yourself, i guess the chance is you will never use the one key recovery even when the windows screwed up.

Lenovo U110, Windows 7 Professional x86 32bit - Windows 7 RC build7100 - Vista Home Premium
IBM X31, Windows XP SP3
b0ib0ii
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,646
Message 7 of 8

No, formatting D driver wont affect. As long as you dont touch the hidden partition. By the way, why dont use ghost or some other software to mirror the disk? Then erase the entire partition? if you know how to format and install windows yourself, i guess the chance is you will never use the one key recovery even when the windows screwed up.

Hi thanks for your reply! Actually, I did burned out a recovery disc using One Key Recovery. I just want to make sure if formatting C drive or D drive makes the hidden partition to stop functioning. Well, one of my desktop does. So thats why I want to make sure. Since most of the replies I received saying that it is fine.

Do you guys actually erase the partition(Merge drives) after you created your recovery disc?  

Virgil22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,596
Message 8 of 8

Agree with the other posters that this will not affect one key recovery.

BUT.... be aware that OKR will restore  the computer to its facotry state (i.e. with Vista), and not to the new Win7 OS  that you just installed.  Thus, what's  the point of having OKR there at all, if it's going to "restore" your system to something obsolete, and then you'll have to reupgrade to 7 all over again.  Just get rid of the hidden petition and free up some disk space!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors