Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nemix77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,949
Message 1 of 8

EE Boot Optimzer on SSD

Does EE Boot Optimzer work anthing like defrag on SSD's as main?

Just I heard defrag is not good for SSD's but still would like to know how and use EE boot optimzer on my Y570.

mmai
What's DOS?
Views: 1,940
Message 2 of 8

Re: EE Boot Optimzer on SSD

yeah, I'm also having trouble with my EE boot optimizer for Y570 model... It seems to like take forever to optimize and then just sits around in sleep mode after until i improperly shut it down. haha help anyone ??? Ive tried it like 3 times.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,936
Message 3 of 8

As far as I know, the boot optimizer delays programs from starting up until windows loads.  I don't think it has anything to do with optimizing ssd performance. It just gives you a quick boot into windows.

FYI, you should never defrag. an SSD. I saw some threads on utilities for SSDs.  I'll try to find them again.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Nemix77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,923
Message 4 of 8

So it's safe to use EE boot optimizer with my SSD?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,892
Message 5 of 8

I went through about 8 pages of google searches trying to find out more information on that. The only information that I can find about it is what I wrote above.  If that is all it does, then yes, it's safe to run.  I would install it and see if there's a control panel for it and just make sure it doesn't decide to defrag your ssd.  

It sounds like all it does is delay the startup of programs until windows loads.

Dave

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
iGrok
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,767
Message 6 of 8

Is the Y570 - 086233U RapidDrive and EE2 compliant?

Hi all! First Post. 

I am very close to becoming a Lenovo owner and I am very interested in the Y570 series. However, I am having a hard time figuring out whether they all support the RapidDrive configuration or not.

So like the title asks......Is the Y570 - 086233U RapidDrive and EE2 compliant?

Has anybody succeeded in installing a micro ssd and managed to enable this feature on this model?

I have searched these boards and googled this question to no avail, and will be grateful for an answer!

Thanks all.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,751
Message 7 of 8
iGrok
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,711
Message 8 of 8

Re: Is the Y570 - 086233U RapidDrive and EE2 compliant?

Thanks for the reply yigit. Still I am far from certain that this can be done on the configuration I'm interested in. Perhaps I'll look elsewhere before dumping the cash on the ideapad.

Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors