12-22-2014 02:35 PM
Try the following:
1. Power down your unit.
2. Press the NOVO button.
3. Select Bios setup.
4. Check if the hdd is detected by clicking the Information menu.
5. Press F9 to set everything to default.
6. Click Save Changes in the Boot menu.
7. Click Configuration.
8. Disable PXE boot to Lan (see picture).
9. Click Boot menu.
10. Select Save and exit.
12-22-2014 03:07 PM
12-23-2014 07:36 AM
12-23-2014 10:53 AM
Ok, so I found the "PCE Boot to LAN" and disabled it and now the only problem is this:
"Default Boot Device missing or Boot Failed
Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key
Then Select Boot Manager to choose a new Boot device or to Boot Recovery Media"
And no, I can't boot into windows.
You have a boot failure situation.
1. Try making a Windows 8.1 DVD/Pendrive installer by following this link. When you run the media creation tool select Windows 8.1 only. Do not choose Windows 8.1 PRO. You can use this later if you want to clean install your OS without providing the product key.
2. Boot using the pendrive/DVD.
3. Select Repair. Do not select Install.
01-04-2015 12:46 PM
I have the same problem.
I know I've tried to upgrade the bios and it failed, giving me the same answer as in this thread.
Do you guys have other suggestions?