Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santhu256
Blue Screen Again
Views: 217
Message 1 of 2

ELAN SMART PAD IN Y50 Causing Serious Trouble

Right and left click of my Y50 notebook not working smoothly..i was using an external mouse for past 6 months and when i started using my smart pad i found this one tottaly horrble.Especially the right and left clicks..Its not soft at all ..i have to apply a lot of preassure to my Smart pad for making right click work which is not fair.When i went through the net there are lot of people experiancing the same problem but i coudnt find a solution for this problem.Please get me a solution .I no more want an external mouse with my Laptop...Please Help

kamalnath
Token Ring
Views: 187
Message 2 of 2

Re: ELAN SMART PAD IN Y50 Causing Serious Trouble

Hi there

It literally happens to all of the y50's(even mine) after some time of heavy use..... There is not like 2 buttons left & right click instead its just a one button across the entire touchpad..... The button inside touchpad is definitely wornout & the entire touchpad needs to replaced... For a workaround which you can tap with two fingers instead of a click you can refer to my post here do those steps & you will get the right click with just tapping two fingers at the same time....

Post back,it should work well

Cheers

Kamal

Dont forget to click KUDOS button(right down this sentence)if i have helped you....Ask any questions or Doubts,iam always ready to help.... Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors