Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davy666hell
Paper Tape
Views: 37,809
Message 1 of 17

Easy Capture Software

Hi,

I bought a Y510 Ideapad and Easy Capture came preinstalled with it.Since last week whenever i tried to open it it gave me a not responding message.Hoping that a repair would fix it i tried doing that but there was no option and in the process i uninstalled it.

Is there  a way that i can reinstall it by downloading it from some website?Does it come on any cd given to me when i purchased my ideapad?

Any help is appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Davinder.

Peter
Punch Card
Views: 37,798
Message 2 of 17

Re: Easy Capture Software

Have you disable the camera?

The software may be found in the cd containing gift softwares.

tiggerer
Punch Card
Views: 37,778
Message 3 of 17

Hey Davy,

There are three CD's that come with the Y510 when you purchase them now a days every since they stopped including copies of the O/S, in the case with your Easy Capture there are drivers on the Drivers CD not the software one or the Vista one, so uninstall the program and retart your computer (always) and then reinstall from the Software CD and if it still does not work use the driver CD. I just did a complete manual re install of all the programs after Lenovo left my Daughter high and dry after it stated "Cant find Boot Sector" when she fired it up and they helped her to reinstall Vista supposedly onto D drive and of course by default it went to C drive and wrote over her O/S and deleted everything else so I have been a very busy boy reinstalling everything as well as running recovery software to get the photo's, music, My Doc's etc. back before the task of wasting my time waiting to download 68 updates from Vista and 284 megs for Office 2007 and that didnt even include SP1, the worst part was she bought the Y510 in March and by July there are 68 updates!!! Lenovo should have at least spent the time with her on the phone and helped her to install the drivers and software that came with the machine, dont you think? I still say they pushed Vista on the World way before it's time but whats you gonna do. Hope this helps.

Marcus

davy666hell
Paper Tape
Views: 37,738
Message 4 of 17

Thx Peter and Marcus,

I wil try the CD and see where i go from there.

Regards,

Davy.

wjli2
Bit Torrent
Views: 37,708
Message 5 of 17

You could try an alternative software called Yawcam from Yawcam.com
davy666hell
Paper Tape
Views: 37,639
Message 6 of 17

Thx for the yawcam,

BTW i found out the software cd that lenovo gave me with the system is blank.

What awesome luck i have??

Regards

Davy

kevindd992002
Punch Card
Views: 35,403
Message 7 of 17

I have a Lenovo Ideapad U330 with Easy Capture 3.0, the problem is that the image is not centered, this did not happen when I have the Easy Capture 2.5. All other softwares like Veriface, Yahoo Messenger, etc. work properly.

Can anyone send me the Easy Capture 2.5? I accidentally deleted the Drivers folder under drive D so I don't have them now, I also don't have the EISA partition because I've decided to delete it befor. Please help me. Thanks.

Retired Guru
Views: 35,398
Message 8 of 17

Usually there's a DVD coming with laptop - it contains software. Look in there.
//help will save the world
kevindd992002
Punch Card
Views: 35,396
Message 9 of 17

Nope, the Lenovo Ideapad U330 doesn't come with any CD/DVD or whatsoever that serves as backup. Any ideas?
Retired Guru
Views: 35,394
Message 10 of 17

Try this and this.
//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors