Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdiaz137
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 1 of 2

Editing and Games; ideapad stops charging. "dual" nvidia geofroce

Hi all,

First of all, I absolutely love my ideapad y500. Ran it for over 2 years now. Received it as factory refurbished, from online seller. It used to ran all the programs, I am going to speak about, while plugged in. It seems that the increasing Windows updates seem to drain the potential of this battery/charger....I've even heard about motherboard issues. *EEK*

Video rendering or editing will seem to stop my battery charging. The charger unplug, switch battery option, and then replug; will jog it to start charging. ONLY when I am not running such program will it jog.

You can hear the laptop run pretty hard when it renders 40+ mins of video, and usually i will wait to get ~30%.. and exit program and let cool. Maybe mine is a fan issue.. i dunno.

Computer games that requie just some use of the "DUAL nvidia GEOFORCE GT 600M" ..seem to just do the same thing as editing or rendering video. 

All in all, I have heard much of this problem.. HEY! some people can't even get theres to charge at all. I can run my online searches and listen to music/// MOST of the time, key word most, I can stream video uninterupted.

p.S.

If any mod or tech support sees this and wants to help me up with maybe a couple solutions. MUCH appreciated friend.

mdiaz137
Paper Tape
Views: 59
Message 2 of 2

Re: Editing and Games; ideapad stops charging. "dual" nvidia geofroce

ALSO, my laptop will not charge in sleep mode/screen closed

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors