Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card

Enabling Virtualization?

I need to enable virtualization in my bios so i can use "XP Mode" (Yes i have Windows 7 Pro) and yes my processor handles Vt-x or Vx-t but theres no option to enable it in the bios?

How would i go about doing this?

Laptop(Lenovo Y550 4186)-processor: Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz, System Memory: 4 GB, Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GT240M, HardDrive: 320GB, Optical Storage: DVD-RW Combo drive
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Ctrl-Alt-Del

Re: Enabling Virtualization?

Are there any chances for support vt for Lenovo 3000 G530? I have a new procesor, and it will be sad, don't use 100% power of them Smiley Happy
Community Moderator

@ chmurowski
check download page for bios updates first. also, make sure that your new cpu supports vt.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Ctrl-Alt-Del

I have got nevest bios and there isn't any option to enable virtualization. There is not too simple Smiley Sad

Community Moderator

let me try to find a solution for you ( may take couple of days to respond )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Lenovo Staff

@chmurowski,

You mentioned new processor? Did you change the proc yourself?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

X240 | 8GB RAM | 512GB Samsung SSD

Ctrl-Alt-Del

[ Edited ]

i put new procesor CORE 2 DUO P8400 2.26GHZ/3M/1066MHZ on my laptop, and it works. But i haven't vt. I have no idea what i should do. Maby bios mod? But how ?! Smiley Happy Maby the problem is fact that this model official never have procesor with vt (any revision), and lenovo don't think about add this option in bios.

Lenovo Staff

@chmurowski,

Interesting, was VT enabled before this? Based on a case which I've asked L2 previously, VT was always been enabled for IdeaPads just that in ThinkPad, you have an option to disable them.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

X240 | 8GB RAM | 512GB Samsung SSD

Ctrl-Alt-Del

i never had vt on this laptop. I buy new procesor with vt and i want turn on vt. That is the story Smiley Happy