cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NFLD_Republic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,579
Message 1 of 6

Energy Manager Conservation Mode Not working after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Hi Folks - First Post.

I have a Y50-70 and upgraded to the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (Version 1607 Build 14393.51) and now the Energy Manager will not enable Conservation Mode. I can enable the mode but the battery still charges to 100% and I will get the message that the battery has been above 70% for a long time. I uninstalled the application and the driver and reinstalled them but it does not seem to work. 

Any suggestions? I don't want to try gaming on battery :-)

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,569
Message 2 of 6

Re: Energy Manager Conservation Mode Not working after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Energy Manager is not compatible with Windows 10 and it is recommended that you uninstall it.

As for Conservation Mode, that option is now available in the Lenovo Settings app.  If you do not have Lenovo Settings installed then you can install it at the Windows Store.  Just do a Windows Store search on Lenovo to find it.  

Once you have Lenovo Settings installed then click on the battery icon on the left side.  A new page concerning the battery will open on the right side of your screen.  Conservation Mode will be part way down that page. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

NFLD_Republic
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,526
Message 3 of 6

Re: Energy Manager Conservation Mode Not working after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Thanks! Perfect!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,494
Message 4 of 6

Youare very welcome.

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Jasm51
What's DOS?
Views: 2,467
Message 5 of 6

I have a G50-70 and was able to activate conservation mode until a couple months ago (I painfully installed Windows 10 back in Feb.  At first Conservation mode worked, but every time Windows did an update, I had to go back in and reset to Conservation mode.) Now I set it to conservation mode, but it stays at 100% all the time and now I have started receiving a message that my battery needs to be replaced--only 23 months old! 

I tried going to "Lenovo" but am not able to find the app you reference.  Can you send more specific instructions -- IF that fix will work for a G50-70, or is my battery toast?  And if that is the case, I'm not sure who to thank: Lenovo or Microsoft!

Any help appreciated!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,452
Message 6 of 6

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Jasm51 !

The Lenovo Settings app in ONLY available in the Windows Store.  It is not available on Lenovo's website.  If you upgraded to Windows 10 then you need Lenovo Settings.  

Lenovo Settings and Conservation Mode have nothing to do with the battery warning you are receiving.  If you have been operating the laptop with it plugged in with the battery continually being charged to 100% for the last couple of months that may have caused enough unnecessary wear on the older battery and it does need to be replaced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors