Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solfire
Punch Card
Views: 3,458
Message 1 of 5

Erratic Mouse Pad?

Every now and then my mouse pad begins clicking erratically when just trying to move the mouse elsewhere on the screen.

Perhaps it's due to sweaty fingers or what not, but I've tried changing the mouse's pressure sensitivity and found it to not really solve the problem. To diagnose the problem, I've simply just shut down the laptop and turned it back on and wiped off my fingers.

However, why is this a problem to begin with? Is it because oils from the skin are left on the pad and causing deviations in pressure when I have my finger on it?

Thanks
Oberkanone
Punch Card
Views: 3,453
Message 2 of 5

Re: Erratic Mouse Pad?

Can't help you, no issues with my Y510.
helo_darqness
Punch Card
Views: 3,440
Message 3 of 5

if you had the same problem i did, it was the trackpad seemed to jump the gun and click on links as you were moving them to another link....

if so, adjust the "tap enabled" setting on the synaptics pointing device. its the icon on the lower right hand shelf with the monitor with the green dot on the screen.

go to the device settings tab/

click the "settings button"/

click "tapping"...its the 2nd one down

the window that comes up is a screen with tapping in the middle. it will probably be checked

uncheck it, hit apply, and ok, and you should be all sqaured away

Solfire
Punch Card
Views: 3,412
Message 4 of 5

Hm! I shall do that next time it becomes a problem. Right now I like the tapping. Thanks! Smiley Happy
helo_darqness
Punch Card
Views: 3,401
Message 5 of 5

okSmiley Happy

im just saying though, because the issue of it has to deal, not with tapping, but with pressure sensitivy.

It wont do this if you turn tapping off. It was clicking everywhere i didnt want it to before i did this. it was misery, and now, with it off, its joy

that is all
Top Kudoed Authors