Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinchoe49
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 1 of 1

Everybody with Lenovo Y40 -- major battery issue

Avoid purchasing lenovo y40!! I have a lenovo y40 about 2 years old now. About 6 months in, computer shut off without warning, battery guage stopped charging around 40%, randomly said 100% on some days, and eventually shut off without warning within 5 minutes unplugged. I posted on the forum and did every single solution lenovo suggested and solutions other people have tried and ended up having to purchase a new battery after several several months of trying to fix it, for about 100 dollars.

Fast forward another 6 months with my second battery and the symptoms are back. Computer shuts off without warning within 10 minutes. I even took very good care of my battery this time, making sure to unplug overnight and letting battery drain good amount before charging. Just two weeks ago my computer was completely fine, and this happens all of a sudden. There is definitely a flaw somewhere. My battery guage will show 100% one moment, then shut off the next. Upon booting up it says 0% again. It charges up to 100% again over time and then the cycle starts again.

If lenovo has any new solutions, im willing to try, but im not going to try all the old solutions from the other threads. I have been a lenovo fan for a while but with constant investments going in to fix the products, its incredibly frustrating.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors