Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPWOWS
What's DOS?
Views: 572
Message 1 of 2

Failed Z570 - failed customer service

Bought Christmas 2011 and stopped working 10 days later. Took a week for Lenovo to get it from my house to their repair centre and another week to tell me that the motherboard needed replacing. However, the part was not in stock and nobody knew when it would be!

Emailed and phoned on a daily basis to be told the same thing - part not in stock and nobody knows when it will be.

Turned to reseller in despair and was offered a replacement FOC if I returned the faulty unit.

Great - except Lenovo would not now give it back to me! The reseller intervened and I finally got it back. After being told that the motherboard needing replaced was a 'known issue' - but more because of the horrible (lack of) customer service - I am happy to report that I got a higher spec (higher cost) Acer for the original price of the Lenovo as a gesture of goodwill.

Learn a lesson, Lenovo!

PS. I even wrote to "DB" - GM at Lenovo UK - but he has chosen to ignore my letter.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 525
Message 2 of 2

Re: Failed Z570 - failed customer service

Hi JPWOWS,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not aware of the z570 motherboard replacement, but I'm sympathetic to the service experience you have encountered. I do agree that sometimes there should be a different way of handling a case based on situation. Replacement of new unit could be initiated earlier when there is no confirmation on the parts expected arrival date.

Anyhow, i'm sorry for your case.

Best regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors