Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Y50_user
What's DOS?
Views: 9,634
Message 1 of 3

Failure: Intel Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent

My new Y50 automatically runs a program called "Intel Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent". This software checks for updates to drivers/firmware. HOWEVER on my machine the check for updates FAILS. The error message is: "We are sorry, but the check for updates could not be completed. Please make sure that your system has Internet access."

Has anyone encountered this issue? Can someone suggest a solution?

I tried to fix the problem by downloading and installing the latest driver from Lenovo (http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-touch-n... but this did not help.

thanks for your time

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 9,582
Message 2 of 3

Re: Failure: Intel Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent

@Y50_user wrote:

My new Y50 automatically runs a program called "Intel Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent". This software checks for updates to drivers/firmware. HOWEVER on my machine the check for updates FAILS. The error message is: "We are sorry, but the check for updates could not be completed. Please make sure that your system has Internet access."

Has anyone encountered this issue? Can someone suggest a solution?

I tried to fix the problem by downloading and installing the latest driver from Lenovo (http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-y-series-laptops/y50-70-touch-n... but this did not help.

thanks for your time

This is what I learned about the problem you have: 

Intel longer support Intel Independent Firmware Recovery (IFR) feature so that it is advisable to remove the IFR program.

How:

1. Go to Control Panel/"Programs and Features" using Winkey + X.

2. Remove Intel Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent

3. Reboot

COLJ
What's DOS?
Views: 5,894
Message 3 of 3

Re: Failure: Intel Manageability Engine Firmware Recovery Agent

I have a Y70 with the current version of windows 10. I keep getting the intel message about this and it does not work. Should I delete it? Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors