Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linken
Paper Tape
Views: 11,927
Message 1 of 3

Fan Ultrabay for Y400 / Y500...

I plan to get one Fan Ultrabay but I heard someone said it wouldn't make any difference on reducing the laptop heat.... 

Did anyone here actually try the Fan Ultrabay for y400/y500 laptop and give me some advice "should I buy it for my laptop?" does it help cooling my laptop? especially for gaming and video rendering.... Recently, the CPU just gets up to 70-78*C when I play games and video rendering... (That is with Cooling pad)

I just don't want to waste $30....

hcbr929rr2
Punch Card
Views: 11,888
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fan Ultrabay for Y400 / Y500...

I personally bought one, it is absolutely worthless, my y400 actually runs cooler with the drive bay empty, the fan is low speed only, and it was only blowing out cold air for me, it seemed like it was stealing the cold air that the other fan would use to cool the cpu side of the laptop. I think I am just going to gut the fan portion out of it and just leave it in their empty just kind of like an intake vent, it will save a bit of weight over the optical drive, or my other thought was maybe trying to flip the fan inside the housing, so it sucks air in instead of blowing it out. I haven't done either yet because I've just been frustrated with wasting the money

Highlighted
Adder1
Punch Card
Views: 10,986
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fan Ultrabay for Y400 / Y500...

I'm curious if anyone's tried it out. I've been thinking of purchasing it since the removable 650m graphics will likely introduce microstuttering during gamign at lower framerates and I don't need additional hard drive space. I've seen two comments elsewhere saying it didn't really work, claiming it just blew cool air (meaning it didn't help with heat dissipation). Just wanted to check around here to see if anyone has any input.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in. Was; Anyone try out the Ultrabay fan for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y400?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors