04-07-2015 01:58 PM - edited 04-07-2015 02:01 PM
Flash BIOS update - Flash from Operating System version for IdeaPad Y410P/Y510P
Applicable OS Win7 & Win8 & Win8.1(all 32-bit & 64-bit)
This package updates the basic input/output system (BIOS) on IdeaPad Y410P/Y510P
BIOS, abbreviation of Basic Input/Output System, is integrated in ROM chip on main board, which contains the basic input/output program, system configuration information, system startup self-check and pre-setup programs. BIOS provides most basic low-level hardware operations; it is the connection between software and hardware, and interfacing window of hardware and operating system.
Note: Make note of any settings you have changed in the BIOS Configuration Utility. These settings may have to be re-entered after updating the BIOS.
Attention: Do not power off or restart your computer during the BIOS flashing process, which will cause serious damage and improper functioning of your computer.
Print this file so that you can refer to it during the installation.
Downloading the package
1. Click the file link to download the file from the web page.
2. When prompted, select a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded file.
Installing the package in Windows.
1. Locate the file viqyx308.exe that has been downloaded.
2. Double click the viqyx308.exe icon.
3. Click install
4. Click flash bios
5. Press Enter to start flashing. During the process, you are advised not to turn off the computer.
6. When the update finishes, the computer will automatically reboot for the changes to take effect.
Latest Version BIOS fixed all merged issues from previous.
Summary of changes
1. Implement code for uEFI security vulnerabilities.
IdeaPad and IdeaCentre are registered trademarks of Lenovo.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in
the United States, other countries, or both. Other company, product,
and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND MERCHANTABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE
INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT. BY FURNISHING THIS DOCUMENT, WEGRANT
NO LICENSES TO ANY PATENTS OR COPYRIGHTS.
Copyright (c) Lenovo 2008, all rights reserved
BIOS Update can be downloaded directly from Lenovo website: