cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmaryllisB
Not applicable
Views: 220
Message 1 of 2

Format and reinstall windows 8.1, Lenovo Y50-70/ Retrieve my previous OS product key

Hi guys,

So I have a laptop which when I bought it, it had windows 8.1 pre-installed. Then when the free upgrade was offered to windows 10, i performed the free upgrade. Now I have W10.

Now I need a full format of my system and reinstall the W8.1 version which is the one I should have the product key somewhere.

My problem is that I don't know how to find the product key  of the pre-installed windows version. I can only retrieve the windows 10 prduct key.

Any suggestions?

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 159
Message 2 of 2

Re: Format and reinstall windows 8.1, Lenovo Y50-70/ Retrieve my previous OS product key

Hi AmaryllisB,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Starting with Windows 8, productkey for OEM preloaded machine do not show it on the sticker. This would be embedded on the BIOS and activates automatically.

There are claims of using third party tools that you may want to check out from this discussion. Succeeding replies from fellow members also show that it works for them.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors