Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vtat
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 1 of 2

Full Windows Installation issue

I have a Z-575 t hat came with Windows 7. I am upgrading to a Windows 7 Ultimate License along with a Crucial MX500 SSD. I have no problem loading the software and taking all of the Microsoft updates.. But at some point, the screen goes blank and I cannot get Windows back other than to restart the computer. I've thought maybe it won't come out of sleep mode so disabled screen shutdown and harddrive shut down. But it still appears to be a problem.

I've reformatted the SSD (C partition) several times now and still have the eventual blank screen that seems to be associated with the computer not waking up. Of course, I am not even remotely sure why the Z575 will not wake up. Eventually, in a restart, it will not hand over to the SSD and so I reformat and try it again.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks.. 
Computer is 6 or 7 years old. I also updated the memory to 16gb which Ultimate recognizes though original Win7 would only recognize 8gb

Appreciate any help or thoughts
Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 95
Message 2 of 2

Re: Full Windows Installation issue

I suggest taking the extra memory out for the install.  You can put it back later.  MS's install scripts work differently depending on various things (like memory) and you want to use the most common options.  (better tested by MS)  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors