Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jinotad
Serial Port
Views: 202
Message 1 of 1

GT 750M does not seem to work properly

Hey, So I updated the Y510P to windoes 8.1 (Most regretted thing I've done with this laptop, that includes doing a battery reset.)  As many people have found out there are issues with 8.1 and SLI.

I used the recomended BIOS update, and that seemed to fix the issue.  Unfortunatly, for some reason I'm not sure about, the 750M does not seem to be working right.

Before the windows 8.1, and after updating the BIOS, League of Legens ran at the 60 FPS capped at max settings.  After the 8.1 and now, LoL will run around 10-15 FPS at max settings, and only 25 FPS at the lowest graphics settings.  I'm not sure why the laptop's performance has dropped.  I'm also getting major lag in Path of Exiles, where I used to have no issues playing it.

As I mentioned, I have used the BIOS update, and it did fix the issue I had with 8.1  I've specified that the laptop use the 750M as the default graphics GPU, and in the GPU monitor, the games show up and using it.  But as I've stated, their performance is at par with using the integrated  Intell graphics card.

Any thoughts or suggestions of what I can try to fix this issue would be greatly appreaciated.

Sincerly,

Jinotad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors