Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepemosca
Token Ring
Views: 1,523
Message 31 of 105

Re: Game keyboard problem

You can get the DVD from here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/11/10/windows-7-iso-x86-and-x64-official-direct-download-links-ul...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2010/04/28/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-do...

And then use YOUR serial number to get it registered.
Views: 1,483
Message 32 of 105

Hi All,

In regards to this issue, appreciate if everyone could post me the following information so are able to compare the machine configuration.

• Model
  • BIOS version
  • OS loaded (ex. Win 7 64bit)
  • Lenovo default OS?
  • Issue happen on Battery / AC / Both?
  • Updates from Lenovo Support completed?
  • Updates from Windows Updates?
  • RAM installed (brand and 1 x 4gb, 1 x 2gb, 2 x 2gb?)
  • Any error notification before issue occurred?
  • Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises?
  • List of games which will show this issue? (Do provide us the website as well)
  • As gone through the thread, some mentioned that this is caused only after a Windows update on a Lenovo machine discussed Blizzard forum? Can we have the source of the information?
  • When did you notice the issue?

Appreciate everyone's feedback regarding this.

//JameZ

ptyin317
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,471
Message 33 of 105

My model is Lenovo Y560

BIOS version 59

OS is WIN 7 64 bit

Lenovo default OS

This issue happens both on battery and while plugged in

Lenovo updates are completed

Windows updates are up to date

RAM is 4gb 2X2gb

I had no error notification before this,

I have no particular application running while this happens and this issue is totally not a game issue is a system issue i.e I can't type any letters therefore I can't even browse the internet, type commands, etc.  I notice this issue last Thursday September 30th after BIOS update and windows latest update.

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 1,460
Message 34 of 105

Sorry, left out a couple of pieces of info, so reposting with this completed (I couldn't delete my previous post):

• Model - Y560 - D646
  • BIOS version - 53, 56, 57, and now 59 (Happens on all of these versions)
  • OS loaded (ex. Win 7 64bit): - Win 7 64bit
  • Lenovo default OS? - Yes
  • Issue happen on Battery / AC / Both? - Both
  • Updates from Lenovo Support completed? - Yes
  • Updates from Windows Updates? - Yes
  • RAM installed (brand and 1 x 4gb, 1 x 2gb, 2 x 2gb?) - 2x2GB
  • Any error notification before issue occurred? - No
  • Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises? - No
  • List of games which will show this issue? (Do provide us the website as well) - Its not just games.  World of Warcraft and VirtualBox both have this behavior.  Typing in either of these apps has numbers appear instead of letters.  With VirtualBox I've tried installing WindowsXP and Linux guests and both have the same behavior (so can't complete the install since admin username of numbers is not allowed).
  • As gone through the thread, some mentioned that this is caused only after a Windows update on a Lenovo machine discussed Blizzard forum? Can we have the source of the information? - I found that by doing a system restore to before 28-Sep resolved the issue.  The only changes made on my laptop after this issue started were Windows automatic updates on 28-Sep.  After doing a system restore the problem was gone.  At this point I have automatic updates turned off otherwise the problem comes back.
  • When did you notice the issue? - 28-Sep

Appreciate everyone's feedback regarding this. - You are Welcome.  I do Technical Support for a living so will be glad to assist in testing and debugging this however you need.

Note from Moderator:  Duplicate(s) removed.

pwnd123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,451
Message 35 of 105

• Model - Y560
  • BIOS version - Just updated it yesterday 59 i think, had issue with the previos BIOS version too.
  • OS loaded (ex. Win 7 64bit)  WIN 7 64 bit
  • Lenovo default OS? Yes
  • Issue happen on Battery / AC / Both?  Both
  • Updates from Lenovo Support completed? Updated, Touch Pad, BIOS and Video Drivers from Lenovo, Issues happned before updates, and updates did not fix it.
  • Updates from Windows Updates? Yes but did restore point back to fix issues and disabled updates
  • RAM installed (brand and 1 x 4gb, 1 x 2gb, 2 x 2gb?) 4gb x iduno havent looked
  • Any error notification before issue occurred? No
  • Any particular application which is running on the time this issue arises? Wow and some marrio forever game
  • List of games which will show this issue? (Do provide us the website as well)  ^above
  • As gone through the thread, some mentioned that this is caused only after a Windows update on a Lenovo machine discussed Blizzard forum? Can we have the source of the information?
  • When did you notice the issue? When my wife started complaining she could not dps the lich king, like 3 days ago?
  • Other notes: Purchased from Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146777&cm_re=Y560-_-34-146-777-_-Product 
  • pyrono
    Punch Card
    Views: 1,441
    Message 36 of 105

whats going on this all happened on sept 30 i mean we all payed good money and this happens i thing we should get free game time and a new pc if problem is not fixed let fix it now

mfrazzz
    Punch Card
    Views: 1,439
    Message 37 of 105

FWIW: This doesn't appear to be isolated to Windows Updates for me now. I just installed Acronis True Image Home 2010, and after a reboot the number issue in WoW and VirtualBox is now back again.  I again had to do a system restore point back to pre-28-Sept to get functionality back.  

FWIW: I'm going to take a full backup and look at doing a clean install of Windows7 64bit to see if the problem is still there.

pyrono
    Punch Card
    Views: 1,437
    Message 38 of 105

how to go back to the 9/28 i cant

rldc2010
    Paper Tape
    Views: 1,419
    Message 39 of 105

I am new to the forum, but I have a G555 and I wanted to confirm that when I went back to 9/23 restore point before microsloth update my game controls went back to normal.  thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

pwnd123
    Blue Screen Again
    Views: 1,513
    Message 40 of 105

Start --> System Restore ---> Next ---> Check mark the box saying "show more dates" ---> Chose one ----> free punches to the face.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors