Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aidan890
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,402
Message 91 of 105

Re: Game keyboard problem

Is this a proved fix, ive had my computer not install any updates for the past few weeks because im afraid that if I do, i will have to restore it again, so i just want to confirm if this is for sure going to fix that problem

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 1,392
Message 92 of 105

For me it works. I removed GuardedID completely and have turned Windows Updates back on with no issues. My laptop has installed all updates since 1-Oct and I can still play WoW and use VirtualBox with no problems.
ptyin317
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,355
Message 93 of 105

Hello, I just wanted to let everyone know that by removing completely ID Vault program the keyboard typing numbers instead of letters issue went away.  Props to the one that figured this out!  Thanks a bunch!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,314
Message 94 of 105

@ aidan890

yes, it is provided fix.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
rldc2010
Paper Tape
Views: 1,167
Message 95 of 105

Re: Lenovo Y560: Strange Keyboard Issues

I found the solution to this problem.  the program  ID Vault update created this problem.  I went to a restore point prior to the update and my keyboard worked with my game.  Either do not update/use ID vault or uninstall the program

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,160
Message 96 of 105

@ rldc2010

thanks for the info, but we already have a solution for this issue.

sport
Paper Tape
Views: 790
Message 97 of 105

Unfortunately... I have a SIMILAR problem that has not been fixed by any of these solutions.... and it's getting to the point where I cannot even work on this laptop anymore...

Issue: Certain keys (seemingly random and different each time this happens) will not insert a letter when pressed, but insert symbols, open up random operating system windows and lenovo windows (like the custom program shortcuts window).  It makes it impossible to type, and is not inserting numbers like all previous threads I've read.  This has been going on for about a month (bought the laptop 3 months ago), and has become more frequent.  This usually starts in Chrome (since I type mostly in the browser), but I'll refresh the browser and it'll still occur.  Tried other browsers/text applications as well).  Like I have said.. none of the solutions in this thread have addressed this particular issue.  Sometimes, I'll press a misbehaving key down with some force and it actually types the letter, but this does not always work.  I honestly can't tell if this is a software or hardware issue, and I've tried more times than I can count to find a method to what's happening.

Model: y560

BIOS: default win 7 64

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 785
Message 98 of 105

@ sport
check if issue persists on safe mode.

sport
Paper Tape
Views: 771
Message 99 of 105

Yes, it does =,(.  So just now.. in safe mode, H will turn the volume on and off, J will open up the right click window, Y opens up the search for documents window (well it was doing that, and now it just turns volume on and off), M exectues anything that's selected, and something else turns caps on, lol.  All of this changes each time it happens as well.

(thanks for your quick reply)

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 764
Message 100 of 105

i suggest you to download ubuntu live cd ( do not install ubuntu on your system, just use it without installing ) and check if issue persists on linux, too. if yes, call lenovo support line and ask for keyboard replacement. if no, try to perform clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors