Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffc
What's DOS?
Views: 8,392
Message 1 of 105

Game keyboard problem

I have an ideapad y560 and about a week ago my keyboard stopped working on games such as world of warcraft and League of legends. When I type anything it types 0-9 in order **bleep** is that? If any can help please do also I can type in chat on those games just not in anything else and no its not the num or scroll lock

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,331
Message 2 of 105

Re: Game keyboard problem

press f8 to load on safe mode, right click my computer > manage > device management > keyboard > right click and remove keyboards, and restart your computer on normal mode, check if issue persists.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
lauradee2010
Paper Tape
Views: 8,288
Message 3 of 105

I am on a G555 laptop and the solution listed did not help me.

ptyin317
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,306
Message 4 of 105

Re: Lenovo Y560: Strange Keyboard Issues

Same problem here, I am not even typing this from my Y560 because I can't.  This stinks! I dont know about all of you but this started after I did the latest BIOS update and I just wanted to check if this just happened only to me after the latest BIOS update.  I can't type let alone play any games with this problem, please someone help. 

ptyin317
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 8,303
Message 5 of 105

Ok, while in safe mode I can type but not while in normal mode.
dmaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,233
Message 6 of 105

I seem to have this problem too, holding alt lets me use the keys as normal, but releasing it makes it count from 0-9. Uninstalling the drivers in safe and using another keyboard doesn't seem to work. This also happens in java games. I can still press the keys to log in to WoW with no issues, and the console commands in steam games seems to work. It may have something to do with the way it handles text boxes in these games, but that's all I've noticed.

edit: not sure how helpful this is but the keyboard seems to record key presses outside of the game when it converts to counting ex. if I press a key in a game and it comes out as 1, then make a keypress outside, go back in program and push another key it will come out 3. The only keys that trigger this seem to be ones that produce a symbol while typing.

saylahvie
Paper Tape
Views: 5,540
Message 7 of 105

I tried Yigit's suggestion but it did not work for me.  I cant play game when my computer is running in Safe Made, so I have no way to test if it works then as well.

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 8,253
Message 8 of 105

I've had my Y560 for a couple of weeks now with no issues.  Then this week, whenever I try to play World of Warcraft or other games, the keyboard doesn't work.  Arrow keys work fine, but key mappings are all screwed up.  I went into the key mapping and W is mapping as a 4 and S is mapping as a 5.  I can use Alt-W and Alt-S and that works, but what a pain in the rear.  The keyboard seems to work fine outside of WoW and other games (I'm typing right now with no issues and was using Word 2007 and Notepad with no issues also).  This makes no sense whatsoever.

I did try removing and reinstalling keyboard driver, but no joy there.  Part of the reason for spending the money I did on this was for playing games, and now I can't.  Not happy at all...

pepemosca
Token Ring
Views: 8,226
Message 9 of 105

@mfrazzz, I'm not happy either.

I still think that we ALL should get a full refund.
Views: 5,487
Message 10 of 105

Ok now more people are having the same problem and I think Lenovo should intervene in this situation and release a patch of some kind, we all spent good money on this laptop and now we can't use it unless it is on safe mode.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors