Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 1,669
Message 21 of 105

Re: Game keyboard problem

I just tried downgrading to BIOS 53 and it didn't help / fix this.

What I find strange with this is how it just started on this laptop.  The laptop was working fine for a few weeks.  For me the problem started (or when I first noticed) around Monday.  I wonder if some Windows 7 auto update did something.  GOing to go look at logs.

dmaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,664
Message 22 of 105

I seem to be in the same spot, worked fine from mid august till about a week ago, but I think it was about on thursday where it got really bad.

ptyin317
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,653
Message 23 of 105

Me too, I upgraded BIOS on Wednesday night September 29th and the problem started on Thursday September 30th.

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 1,643
Message 24 of 105

Ok, I just resolved it on my laptop!  (or its not happening to me now)...  I went into Windows System Restore and did a system restore back to a restore point on 25-Sept.  After it rebooted, I went into WoW and when I started to type my username I got numbers (bad sign) but I just toggled numlock a couple of times and that issue went away (I had not seen that behavior before the system restore).  I then logged in, and the asdw keys now work as expected in WoW for movement (as well as the rest of the keyboard commands).

So by what I can tell, this was caused by a Windows critical patch upgrade this past week.  Lenovo needs to do some research and find out what caused this specifically (if I have time I may start installing patches one at a time to see if I can findout which one caused this).  I'm not happy about having to turn off critical patch updates, but for right now, I can't let the PC do auto updates or I'll be back in this same situation again.

So some of you other guys with this issue, give this a try and report back.  I'm hoping this works for you and we can figure out which patch caused this and maybe Lenovo can address it (or pressure Microsoft about it).

dmaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,633
Message 25 of 105

Going to try it now, thanks for the tip mrfrazzz

edit: worked for me, keys now work normally in game,

I used a restore point at sept 23, which was the closest point after the 28th

sn0wie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 26 of 105

This is ridiculous..any other fixes?  I'm glad I'm not the only one..

pepemosca
Token Ring
Views: 1,551
Message 27 of 105

@mfrazzz, had you try a clean fresh Windows 7 install?

I mean, not using the OneKey Recovery DVD... just a clean Microsoft Windows 7 DVD image.
Views: 1,517
Message 28 of 105

Sadly, I don't have a restore point past 9/30 so I am stuck with this update-downgrade. I've been all over the forums, and not only have there been no solutions, but it seems like Microsoft has yet to even acknowledge this as a problem.

pwnd123
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,479
Message 29 of 105

Same issues with World of Warcraft and java based games! Keyboard was working fine until one day it just went nuts! Lenovo needs to make there computers more robust. The restore point option works but is not a solution! I am upset at Lenovos lack of quality. 

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 1,563
Message 30 of 105

Honestly, I don't expect Microsoft to address this as this seems specific to Lenovo. I have the same patches installed on two other PCs and they don't have keyboard issues like this. I had to do another restore this morning after I installed java and a cisco VPN program so not sure if it's specific to a Windows update. And no I haven't done a clean windows install. I may take a backup and give that a shot if this keeps happening. Can Lenovo give us a OEM Win 7 DVD to try this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors