Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pyrono
Punch Card
Views: 2,982
Message 71 of 105

Re: Game keyboard problem

here is that and how do i fix it. i hope lenovo comes out witha true fix for good

mysticbits
Punch Card
Views: 2,972
Message 72 of 105

You can change your startup items (those programs that run when you log in) in different ways.  In WIndows 7 I did it via the Control Panel and just unchecked the box next to "GID Application Desktop" as follows:

Start up the Control Panel and navigate to System and Security/Administrative Tools/System Configuration.  Click on the Startup tab.  Uncheck the following item and reboot.:

Startup Item:  GID Desktop Application

Manufacturer:  StrikeForce Technologies Inc.

Command:C:\Program Files\SFT\GuardedID\gidd.exe /s

pyrono
Punch Card
Views: 2,947
Message 73 of 105

hank you so much it worked i love you

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 2,885
Message 74 of 105

This worked for me also.  I did find on the GuardID FAQ where is specifically talks about keys registering as numbers in increasing amounts, so GuardID is at fault.  I've removed this from my laptop as I don't want something like this on my laptop (I already removed some of the other bloatware that Lenovo had installed, but missed this one).

Thanks a ton for the find mysticbits!  Lenovo needs to get with GuardID for finding a solution to this (or simply tell people to disable or remove this app).  This is a problem that all manufacturers have by including apps.  If an app has problems, then everyone blames the manufacturer and they have to be aware of all changes and the impacts it has.

mysticbits
Punch Card
Views: 2,852
Message 75 of 105

You're welcome - and you're right - as soon as a manufacturer starts adding all these extra programs onto a basic Windows OS system, they need to take responsibility for that configuration.  Further, the manufacturers need to throughly test these configurations before they go out to customers (either as a software update or in my case, out of the box!).   Heads should roll at Lenovo over something like this - it shows a lack of adequate pre-release / pre-ship testing on their part.

Former Employee
Views: 2,832
Message 76 of 105

Hi All,

This issue has been logged and dispatched to engineering team. I have also cascaded mfrazzz findings to them as well. Rest assured that the team are looking into this.

Kudos to mysticbits and saylahvie for finding the temporary workaround.

//JameZ

mfrazzz
Punch Card
Views: 2,828
Message 77 of 105

The REAL workaround / fix is the one mysticbits posted.  Disable (or completely remove, as I did) GuardedID from your PC and the problem is gone.  Some combination of the Windows update from a week ago, and this program is what breaks things.  GuardedID's FAQ claims its because of improperly coded programs, but it seems to me GuardedID is being too intrusive on its own.  Seems odd that to stop a keylogger program, you have to implement what appears to be a keylogger itself.  I don't want something like this on my laptop, so its now gone.  

I'm still tempted to just start over, and do a fresh / clean install of Windows 7 (not a restore of the Lenovo version) so I don't have anymore surprises like this with "bonus" software...

pepemosca
Token Ring
Views: 2,826
Message 78 of 105

@mfrazzz, do the clean and fresh install.

All the drivers and software you need is here:
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=661448

I did it, and I'm happy Smiley Happy
Views: 2,813
Message 79 of 105

@mfrazzz

My mistake, edited my post to reflect correctly. Smiley Happy

//JameZ
AlphaSigma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,680
Message 80 of 105

Re: Lenovo Y560: Strange Keyboard Issues

I've figured out what the problem was. It was one of the initial bloatware programs. I forget the name, but the program's "purpose" is to prevent keyloggers by encrypting keystrokes. Instead, it messes up applications and renders them unusable. Look through the bloatware, find the keylogging prevention program, and uninstall it. I've fixed that problem, but I still have BSOD and ati driver issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors