Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanewell88
Paper Tape
Views: 590
Message 1 of 2

Graphics Driver fails when HDMI connected

Lenovo Ideapad Y450-4189

I was hoping this was a software issue,  but I'm starting to think it isn't. When I bought the computer in September 2009 I tried hooking up my TV via HDMI only to have the graphics driver fail and then recover itself. This happened repeatedly until I disconnected the TV or the computer just froze. This was under Vista x64 SP2. I thought updating the driver might solve my problem. I used the one from the support site. No change. I used Intel's driver update site. Still no change. I figured Vista just sucks. I never tried the HDMI again until now. I've upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Updated all the video and audio drivers. Plugged in my TV and what would you know, the graphics driver failed again.

Lets say this is a hardware problem, how does an individual get service on a product? It was bought in the USA and I still live in the USA.

Thank you in advance.

Wormser
Fanfold Paper
Views: 543
Message 2 of 2

Re: Graphics Driver fails when HDMI connected

Try connecting the HDMI cable with the laptop power off.  Then boot the machine.

I've heard that you cannot hot swap the HDMI cable.  I have no physical proof, but I read that somewhere.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors