Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ciolas2
Punch Card
Views: 513
Message 11 of 17

Re: Graphics Issue with y510p, SLI configuration

Before I sent to Lenovo service, I tried reinstalling my OS. Without improvements Smiley Happy Next week probably my computer will back from service and I will give you my opinion about it.
iDesign
802.11n
Views: 507
Message 12 of 17

The only way to install OS without CD is bootable USB.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
Myopic
Paper Tape
Views: 505
Message 13 of 17

I have a 32 gig usb drive. Do i need to find One Key Recovery and install that?

iDesign
802.11n
Views: 502
Message 14 of 17

If you can find one key recovery then try reinstalling that way, if not then make your usb bootable, burn windows to It, then make the USB the priority for booting.
Lenovo y510p - Intel Quad-core 4th gen i7-4700MQ @3.40Ghz - 16GB RAM - 1TB HDD 8GB SSD - 1080p FHD - Nvidia 755m SLI
Myopic
Paper Tape
Views: 478
Message 15 of 17

I used OneKey Recovery to restore my computer to default factory settings, but it seems that the problem has only gotten worse. It's happening much more often. So far I've installed all Windows updates and updated my graphics drivers in GeForce Experience. Now I can hardly view any pages on IE (I haven't changed anything yet Smiley Tongue) without the screen flickering black and the notification popping up that says "Windows Kernel Mode driver has stopped responding and has recovered." Basically it's happening a lot more often now, and I haven't even tried to run any games.

I'm trying to install the BIOS update seen here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/ideapad-y510p...

But every time I try to run it, it says "BIOS version compare error!" I can't find much info online. Could this be an issue with my BIOS? I certainly hope it's not a hardware issue, but things are looking grim...

ciolas2
Punch Card
Views: 468
Message 16 of 17

Just take it to service center if u have a warranty. It looks like it's a hardware problem.

ciolas2
Punch Card
Views: 437
Message 17 of 17

Ok guys I found a solution for this thread. I had an Nvidia kernel stopped responding crash, and in BF 4 i had "Device HUNG" crash in SLI. All you have to do is to undervolt your graphic cards, probably its factory overclocked not properly. http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdlmr2zz9kbzzbv/NvidiaInspectorForY510p.rar here is the link for undervolting our card. All you have to do is to click on your graphics card name .bat Undervolting, and it will automatically undervolt your GPU. What is more, temperatures of cards will be lower. It works for me, and I hope it will works for you. Thx to nhl.pl forum from Poland, YOU ARE THE BEST! By the way, this is unbelievable that Lenovo gives us factory bad volting cards. Hope it will help!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors