Did you mean: 
Sasavicz
Paper Tape
Views: 222
Message 1 of 1

Graphics driver problem.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (SP1)
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Model 0862
It has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M (1 GIG RAM on the card I believe)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz (quad core all dual thread)
8 GIG RAM

Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
I updated this driver from windows update and in my online game Final Fantasy 11 all mobile objects, (players characters, non-player characters, and monsters), will not load. The names above these MOBs load but not the MOBs themselves. I rolled back that driver and they would load again. I then went to your web site and got the most up-to-date driver and installed that and the games MOBs did not load again but this time because of the install from your web site the roll back driver option was not there. I had to do a system restore to five days ago to get this fixed. Why would updating this driver kill this game? The backgrounds loaded just fine. Any object that was stationary loaded just fine (ie trees, bushes, grass/flowers, walls, stairs, buildings). I even checked 3D the rendering settings after the update and they were unchanged.

Now the NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M card has its own updates and they did nothing to the game. I thought this was the card the laptop was using for the graphics output to the HD TV why would the onboard card update mess with anything?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors