cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 9,345
Message 21 of 68

Re: Guide(ish): Windows 10 Upgrade (Y510p)

I confirmed that Lenovo will not be supporting Windows 10 on Y510p or Y410p laptops (Y410p is being removed from the Supported Systems list).

If you have already upgraded one of these models to Windows 10, you can find information about downgrading here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103796.

Please note that downgrades must be performed within a month of the Windows 10 upgrade. 

Thank you,

addflower
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,336
Message 22 of 68

Mine won't downgrade, says needed files are missing. I am going to either have to try one key restore, and I'm not sure that will work because Windows renamed my drives.
LorenzKeel
SCSI Port
Views: 9,292
Message 23 of 68

It's my last Lenovo product that I bought

Guru
Views: 9,277
Message 24 of 68

Well, i was not expecting this either. I thought eventually drivers would be rolled out to atleast let the users move to Win 10.

Personally, I dont mind this since Win 8.1 is a good OS for playing games and will remain that way for next few years.

I would have loved to see how DX12 improved performance, I hope that there can be some revision on this decision down the line, but the chances seem next to nil now.

I might still upgrade some day, since official support is not always required.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Jaff4r
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 9,258
Message 25 of 68

This and the lack of support when we're in need is indeed deceiving... 

When you purchase a product, a good and expensive product like most Lenovo laptops, you expect a minimum support from the manufacturer. If a new OS is launched OEMs MUST be in perfect communication with Windows to extensively test the impact the OS might have in the recent laptops. A one-year old laptop MUST be compatible and MUST be supported by Lenovo. Also the support MUST be there whenever a critical issue occurs and not customers like with the **bleep** up to the nose. I never received a word from an admin and my laptop is unusable since july 29. What am I suppose to do with it??? Throw it away???

This is truly deceiving... You guys are really good in product design and new product development in general but your customer service is probably the worst of the sector. Its such a shame...

This will probably be my last Lenovo as well. So don't worry you'll soon have no more models to support because you'll no longer exist. This industry relies in building up a community of fanatics like Apple has understood so well and for so long, you have the potential but just suck at it...

priyankgupta
Punch Card
Views: 9,170
Message 26 of 68

Too bad! Didn't expect this kind of support for my Y510p. Indeed a last Lenovo product!
johnnybucks
Paper Tape
Views: 8,979
Message 27 of 68

Are you FREAKING kidding me? So I payed 1500 dollars for something you guys aren't even trying to support? It's not even a year old yet!!! FFS! This was my first, and last, Lenovo purchase. It's a nice laptop (Y510P), but now I feel cheated. Smiley Mad

luccasch
Paper Tape
Views: 8,924
Message 28 of 68

I made an upgrade on W10 on my Y510p without any problems! Everything work! May I have any problems with the OS in the future?

Anyway, 18 month old laptop stays without support = scam on customers!!! Shame on you!!! My first and last Lenovo product!!!

jdmac
What's DOS?
Views: 8,909
Message 29 of 68

Amy, If we choose to upgrade to Windows 10 anyway, does this mean that we also invalidate our warranty? (mine doesn't expire until 2017)

PCFrost
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,041
Message 30 of 68

@luccasch wrote:

I made an upgrade on W10 on my Y510p without any problems! Everything work! May I have any problems with the OS in the future?

Anyway, 18 month old laptop stays without support = scam on customers!!! Shame on you!!! My first and last Lenovo product!!!

Which WiFi chipset do you have? This seems to be the biggest problem, so I'm hesitant to upgrade until I know that the WiFi will work for me

Lenovo Y510p user

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors