cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luccasch
Paper Tape
Views: 4,095
Message 31 of 68

Re: Guide(ish): Windows 10 Upgrade (Y510p)

Hi, I've got Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230.
Sean44
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,003
Message 32 of 68

How in the heck does Lenovo think it is OK to not support a PC that is not even two years old yet. You have customers that are still under warranty for their y510p and Lenovo decided they won't support upgrades to Windows 10???????  Great way to treat customers, and thanks to you providing this information I will make sure I nor anyone I know is a Lenovo customer again.  This is the true definition of terrible customer support and a terrible business model at that. End product support lifecycles in less than two years, you have lost your minds.

IT Professional
VSP Cloud Provider
joesaldana
Paper Tape
Views: 3,905
Message 33 of 68

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

I confirmed that Lenovo will not be supporting Windows 10 on Y510p or Y410p laptops (Y410p is being removed from the Supported Systems list).

If you have already upgraded one of these models to Windows 10, you can find information about downgrading here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103796.

Please note that downgrades must be performed within a month of the Windows 10 upgrade. 

Thank you,

Your answer very contrary to answer one of the Lenovo employee here, Check this answer : Lenovo Employee shumpert answer

Dont make your customers confused, please clarify this. Is y410p in support or not?

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 3,863
Message 34 of 68

@joesaldana wrote:

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

I confirmed that Lenovo will not be supporting Windows 10 on Y510p or Y410p laptops (Y410p is being removed from the Supported Systems list).

If you have already upgraded one of these models to Windows 10, you can find information about downgrading here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103796.

Please note that downgrades must be performed within a month of the Windows 10 upgrade. 

Thank you,

Your answer very contrary to answer one of the admins here, Check this answer : Admin shumpert answer

Dont make your customers confused, please clarify this. Is y410p in support or not?

Good day.

For clarity, Administrators in the community are clearly identified with the text "Administrator" below their forum name (which is in bold red text).

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

joesaldana
Paper Tape
Views: 3,829
Message 35 of 68

@sarbin wrote:

@joesaldana wrote:

@Amy_Lenovo wrote:

Thank you,

Your answer very contrary to answer one of the admins here, Check this answer : Admin shumpert answer

Good day.

For clarity, Administrators in the community are clearly identified with the text "Administrator" below their forum name (which is in bold red text).

Regards.

Sorry my bad, I just edited that Smiley Very Happy

Sgt_Incontro
Serial Port
Views: 3,782
Message 36 of 68

No more driver support?

ALREADY? Are you kidding me Lenovo?

Add me to the list of customers not buying a Lenovo again. Disgraceful.

DimsdalePiranha
What's DOS?
Views: 3,726
Message 37 of 68

Wow.  This is appalling.  I have upgraded my 8 year old HP Pavilion to Windows 10 without a fault, as well as a small Asus and two self assembled desktops, but Lenovo can't manage to support a premium laptop that is a little more than a year old?  Is it laziness or incompetence?  Either way, I am stuck with Windows 8.1.   I am greatly disappointed with the programming prowess of Lenovo engineers.

Funny that the Y50 series manages to support Windows 10.   This is certainly a teachable moment....

Neurochild
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,699
Message 38 of 68

**bleep**! That's preety wierd, considering it's the sucessor of the last Y500 model, with Ultrabay SLI and all...

I don't know if i should feel lucky or lament that others see their Lenovo systems unsupported for Windows 10.

I say this because mine is Y500.
Vi007
What's DOS?
Views: 3,519
Message 39 of 68

Its clearly mentioned in the lenovo main site that , lenovo y510p is not compatible for windows 10.it is not recommended to upgrade to windows 10 since the hardware is not compatible for the upgrade .you can upgrade to windows 10 at your own risk.But when we talk about your wifi glitch your facing you just try support lenovo click on the windows 10 and there you got the option called wifi limited access problems .click on that, it is shown in steps to overcome this problem.
mihail1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,498
Message 40 of 68

hi

I have a few drivers to y510p for Windows 10 .
the day before the premiere of win 10 on the Lenovo support services for about two hours were available. Unfortunately, the next day it cleared .
if someone wanted to give them a link.
sorry for the language

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors