cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnybucks
Paper Tape
Views: 3,992
Message 41 of 68

Re: Guide(ish): Windows 10 Upgrade (Y510p)

I'd love a link if you've got it, mihail1. Smiley Happy
kaka23
Paper Tape
Views: 3,902
Message 42 of 68

Drivers that were available for about 2h was a drivers for y500, as a result of servers workload and technical problems were in the wrong place. There were missing drivers: Intel Chipset, Intel Management Engine Interface, Lenovo Energy Management. I tried them on W10, but there are still problems with the wifi.

Problems with Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 are curiosical, appears as breaking the connection, restarting card, complete or partial(yellow triangle) lack of connection. Usually after logging happen aforementioned things, then the only solution is to restart and for some period of time the wifi working properly.

I tried:

- Windows driver for Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230

- driver for Y510p Windows 8.1 x64

- driver from intel website

and this solutions:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/HELP-Y510P-limited-connectivity-and-weak-signal...
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-Wi-Fi-intel-n-2230-Problem-Solved-...

But nothing has changed.

PCFrost
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,893
Message 43 of 68

Have you tried both Intel's drivers with and without included software?

Do you have the latest BIOS-version?

Lenovo Y510p user
kaka23
Paper Tape
Views: 3,870
Message 44 of 68

Yes, i have tried both versions and have latest BIOS.

I currently have installed Win10 and Win8.1 and on 8.1 everything works well.

jrfuda
Paper Tape
Views: 3,844
Message 45 of 68

I'm interested in a solution to the wifi problem as well. I did the update but have since reverted back to 8.1. I also noticed that boot time took forever with 10 vs 8.1, wonder if the SSD Cache does not function properly in win10, though, eccmd.exe - info said it was...

Ofir
What's DOS?
Views: 3,609
Message 46 of 68

so just to be clear, the y510p is not supported for upgrade right now but is it going to be supported in the near future or at all?

how can lenovo not support this computer and is there any way to get the official reason for why it is not supported. me presonally i feel like i got cheated by lenovo 

PCFrost
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,584
Message 47 of 68

You need to install the latest software version for the SSD-cache for it to work properly on Win10 (while you are on it, you should also install the latest firmware)

Guide to upgrading to latest software for the SSD-cache (post by radoslavv)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Windows-8-1-on-Ideapad-Y510P-ExpressCache-issue...

Software for the SSD-cache that works for Win10

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104444

Firmware updater for SSDs used in our model lineup (same as in the guide)

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds038904
Lenovo Y510p user
PCFrost
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,576
Message 48 of 68

@kaka23 wrote:

Yes, i have tried both versions and have latest BIOS.

I currently have installed Win10 and Win8.1 and on 8.1 everything works well.

Weird, both Windows provided drivers and softwareless from Intel worked for me. Maybe it's something else that is disturbing the drivers. Solutions that I can think of now:

1. Try changing the settings so that it accepts both 20 and 40 mhz connections.

2. Do you have Intel's management software installed? Try uninstalling if you do and aren't using it, or upgrade to latest if you are using it. I think that software tries to interact with, among other things, the network drivers.

Lenovo Y510p user
skyemo42
Paper Tape
Views: 3,552
Message 49 of 68

I would  also like to express my disappointment with Lenovo--not just because the Y510P is incompatible with Windows 10 (and future OS upgrades???), but because they have not provided an explanation for the incompatibility.  I also understand that there will be no attempt to create a fix for this problem. 

I attempted an upgrade, which worked perfectly for about 24 hours and then I experienced the blue Stop Screen.  I had to completely wipe my computer and spend the next week reloading software, files, etc.  I suspect the culprit was an automatic update to the OS upon restarting my computer the following day.

Shame on Lenovo.  I will not be purchasing another Lenovo in the future.  That is my only recourse in fighting back.

Sorry that this post does not contain construction information.  I just wanted my voice to be heard by the manufacturer.

Ofir
What's DOS?
Views: 3,524
Message 50 of 68

I wonder what can we do to reach out to lenovo and demand an explanation. There is no way to send an email to an official lenovo customer service. There are no forums we can post in to raise a cry out for lenovo. I wonder how all the y510p users are okay with this situation 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors