Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mluth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,275
Message 11 of 14

Re: Guide: replace HDD with SSD, Lenovo Y480

If you have the Win8 disk, you can do a clean install. Google it, I don't know the procedure for that, but I assume you physically install the new SSD, then use the Win8 installation disk just like you would have used the OneKey disk as described above.
mluth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,272
Message 12 of 14

If you mean you want to put your OS on the SSD portion of your hybrid drive, I would be surprised if there is enough space.
mluth
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,269
Message 13 of 14

Oh, I think I see what YOU'RE saying. Your confrontational tone distracted me. Your confusion seems to be about what I said when restoration failed. I don't think anything miraculous happened - like I said, restoration failed the first try, and worked the so second try.
jd21
Blue Screen Again
Views: 728
Message 14 of 14

my y480 1tb hdd that came with the lappy became very vry slow. and now i decided to replace the 1tb to a 500gb hdd. 

if i change from 1 tb to lesser capacity 500gb will the one key recovery install correctly on the 500gb hdd or throw any error due to less capacity hdd.

i already created recovery discs. so problem in installation.

is it compulsory to create a partition on 500gb before installation. if yes, how many and of what size?.

please anyone help me as i am in urgent situation to change my hdd.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors