Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NarWhat
Paper Tape
Views: 4,201
Message 1 of 5

HDD Caddy for HDD in Z50-70?

Hi everyone, I recently purchased the Z50-70 laptop and so far I love it! I feel it could be a little bit faster with a solid state drive, however.  I have a 250GB 840 Evo I can throw in (with a caddy for the 1TB HDD that's already installed), but from what I've researched I can't have a 1TB HDD in the CD drive slot, but I'd rather not put the SSD there, because it wouldn't perform at full speed and would completely defeat the purpose of that drive.  I guess what I'm asking for is the maximum capacity the CD drive slot will allow for a HDD caddy?

Thanks!

Gage Henry

Brekie
What's DOS?
Views: 4,181
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDD Caddy for HDD in Z50-70?

I just put the sshhd in the caddy and the SSD on it's place. All works great and very fast. No problems.

NarWhat
Paper Tape
Views: 4,170
Message 3 of 5

The SSHD was a 1TB at least? I'm looking to try and get the full speeds from the SSD in the main hard drive slot.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,144
Message 4 of 5

hi Gage,

cici2 from this thread has a working 256GB SSD and 1TB+8GB SSHD in his Z50-70 after BIOS update so it's possible that the ODD can take up to 1TB by using an HDD caddy.

Here's the link to the BIOS:

BIOS UPDATE FOR WINDOWS  LENOVO Z40-70, Z50-70

More info:

Re: Lenovo Z50-70 SSD issue

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

NarWhat
Paper Tape
Views: 4,088
Message 5 of 5

Thank you both for the help! I have just ordered my caddy and should be getting it soon! I can't wait Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors