Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Prospero
Paper Tape
Views: 1,513
Message 1 of 3

HDMI color

I have connected my Y710 to a Viewsonic N3752 LCD and get a wonderful image but it's overly red... as if I was wearing red glasses while looking at the screen.

The same HDMI cable while connected to my DVD player looks fine.  Is there a known issue with this machine and HDMI?

So far I love this machine but now the main features that lured me into buying it aren't working... it's becoming quite a bother now...

Any help I can get would be wonderful!

Thanks,
Matt

Update: now that I have had time to experiment with the settings it seems that if I take and force the refresh rate to 59Hz the red color goes to normal but my resolution suffers.  So now I suppose that there is a magic setting that I need to find. 

Any tips would be appreciated!
Thanks

Message Edited by Prospero on 03-25-2008 02:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,490
Message 2 of 3

Re: HDMI color

You may want to try a different HDMI/HDMI-to-DVI-D cable or take a look, if you can adjust your Viewsonic input/settings accordingly, in order to get rid of that red cast.

ThinkPad T60/X32/600/770 · IBM IntelliStation · 3x IBM SpaceSaver II

Prospero
Paper Tape
Views: 1,484
Message 3 of 3

Re: HDMI color

vkyr wrote:
You may want to try a different HDMI/HDMI-to-DVI-D cable or take a look, if you can adjust your Viewsonic input/settings accordingly, in order to get rid of that red cast.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did try another HDMI port and another cablle in a few different configurations.  It seems that it is not my hardware moreso than it is a setting.  After adjusting my settings in the ATI Catalyst control panel I was able to get the red hue out of the picture by adjusting my refresh rate to 59 Hz.  However my resolution suffered and BluRay playback suffered and the colors were all overpowering.

Anyhow, I'm still trying to figure out what needs to happen.

Also, Still cannot get SPDIF working either.

Thanks,
Matt

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors